Goomba Color does not fully support SGB palettes, right?

Sweater Fish Del

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I can't find a discussion of this anywhere, I'm just looking for confirmation of it or else a pointer on how to get SGB palettes working correctly.

As far as I can tell, Goomba Color only supports SGB borders and switching between (custom?) 4-color palettes, but does not support the enhanced color palettes.

Is there something that makes the enhanced palettes difficult to emulate or has it just never been a priority? I guess, there's not many games that used them, but didn't also have full GBC support.

Dwedit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Palettes were applied to 8x8 blocks of screen pixels rather than tiles on the tilemap. I thought it would be too slow to scan through thousands of tiles every frame and apply colors to them.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this why when I start games on Goomba Colors, they have this weird SGB+GBC mixed color scheme going on? It just looks weird, any way to change thing while still keeping the borders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...