Good 'ol Gameboy

CrossBlazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone here still have the FIRST gameboy from Nintendo?
Well, I still have with 3 games (One is Mario world 2 I think...), and it still is some fun for between.
How 'bout you guys: how was the Gameboy without any colors?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have one somewhere, but I never use it any more, nor do I use my GBC. I've been playing GB and GBC games on my DS lately though, as there's a perfect GBC emulator. GB and GBC had a lot of gems. I love playing the Super Mario Land, Wario Land, Pokemon, and Mega Man games, among others.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still have a mint grey original. I wish it was my original which I bought 2 weeks after the Japanese launch in 1989, but that thing literally got worn out playing Super Mario Land, Tetris and Revenge of the Gator pinball. I could finish Tetris on the hardest level - you get to see a space shuttle launch when you do it. And I could do a perfect run through SML, I'm sure I couldn't do either now with my slow 40 year old reactions.

I also have an atomic purple GBC. Like PeregrinFig I now just use lameboy to play these games on my XL, the huge bright backlit screens and full screen scaling provide the ultimate GB/GBC experience.

CrossBlazer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's happy to see nostalics around here, too. ^-^
I still remember the old times when I blow out the dirt from the game chips, because the starter screen of "Nintendo" is effed up.

Oh god, box mover from my 4x4 is also so nostalgic~

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my Purple Game Boy Color, and I play it from time to time.

I got Kirby's Tilt and Tumble recently and it's really addicting.
smile.gif

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
CrossBlazer said:
It's happy to see nostalics around here, too. ^-^
I still remember the old times when I blow out the dirt from the game chips, because the starter screen of "Nintendo" is effed up.

Oh god, box mover from my 4x4 is also so nostalgic~

HAHA...Now those were the days...I wish I had my 1st GBC (which was lime green), but I have a pink one and I still have my 1st GBC game, Bomberman GB. My grandfather bought it for me after I asked really nicely.

Thought I did own the big ass white one, but it technically wasn't mine. The GBC was technically MY 1st handheld.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got all of the Gameboy line except for a Pocket, Light and an XL. I'll be getting a Pocket sometime in the next week, Light's right now are a bit expensive and I want to save up for a 3DS, and DSi XL I couldn't care about (I got a DSi with Sudokuhax, I'm happy.)

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have my green one (as wel as a pocket, color , advance and even a gamegear and atari lynx or two) which still works just fine, even after I dropped it into a river once. I just have to use tape to keep the battery cover closed, but then again even that is not necessary since I bought that cover for it (still have a magnifier for it somewhere as well).

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still have my original Grey DMG (little cosmetically challenged) still works perfectly as far as I know, got my original tetris but lost my zelda and sml etc. I later bought Zelda DX cause I really like it still, same for a lot of games on the system Marioland2 etc. Also have a black original and green prosound one (lsdj nanoloop etc). So yeah I like the original gameboy too
smile.gif

Anyway looking back to the gb days and for me its fond memories, I was young and I loved that system..

I need to get lameboy on the go and give it that a try. How perfect is it btw?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still remember Metroid 2 on the gameboy pocket. I thought Samus was the bad guy and I always wondered why you shoot frogs and bugs
tongue.gif

I've a GBC now. And a GBA original and DSPhat.

D

Deleted_171835

My original Gameboy was stolen when I was younger.
ohnoes.png

I still the original Game Boy Advance and the Game Boy Advance SP, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o