Good Brand of microSD to work on 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aofelix, Jan 8, 2015.

1. aofelix
    OP

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    Hey guys, for the new 3DS, are there any recommended brands of SD card to work inside the console? I usually run things off the GW cart alone and with emunand being maybe not a reality, there might be little point to a big SD card but just wondering?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    any card that is not counterfeit....

a high speed one if you want to spend some bucks and want the 3ds to boot faster. i have the one that already comes with the 3ds and i got no complaints... the loading of my games in the home menu takes a second or two to load but nothing special

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The title says MicroSD, that's wrong right?
    SanDisk Ultra are very fast and reasonably priced. You can often find them on sale on Amazon, Rakuten and such. It's my go-to brand for SD cards nowadays.

4. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    I'm using as SD Card: MicroSD Sandisk 16 GB Ultra with no gateway, playing with CFW, online working, I'm waiting arrive my Gateway and my MicroSD 64 GB Ultra.

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Industrial SLC MicroSD > Sandisk Extreme Pro > Other brand's top tier > All brands' Extreme tier > All brands' Ultra tier > All brands' normal tier > others

6. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Sandisk are good Micro SD card brand. You can go for the Ultra brand, it'll be enough. XD