Hacking Golden sun dark dawn fix needed for R4 SDHC

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same here. Wood runs perfectly fine on my cart, and so far the only tow games I haven't been able to play with it are Alice In Wonderland and Golden Sun Dark Dawn... Even 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors plays perfectly fine. Tough it played on my regular firmware, just that it freezes after like 10 minutes.

FusionDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm well before i go about buying a new cart is there any other way you can thinkk of that i could get golden sun dark dawn to work because, really, i dont play my ds all that much but i REALLY want to play this game. dont relly have money to buy it though. and as i afore mentioned i live in italia so games from gamestop are in italian
frown.gif

FusionDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^iluvfupaburgers^ so i downloaded 6.42 from filetrip and ys menu loads fine but i get rom load errcode =5. what kernel do you suggest i use?

FusionDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to work! at least for now. now sure about thru the game if anything will mess up ill let you know if something goes wrong but here is the stuff to use. i basically wiped all firmware. no format or nuthin just deleted all firmware (kernel, ys, EVERYTHING) then redownloaded golden sun from here > http://www.dicastia-ds.blogspot.com/2010/1...ark-dawn-u.html (got it from link 1 entitled DS-Downloads) then got this amazing bundle of wood (waio), ys menu and kernel 1.34 from here > http://filetrip.net/f23099-R4-SDHC-Kernel-...34-English.html ( just click Download selected version which is on left) and then boot your r4. load up ys menu as a game then load golden sun or rk- gsdd or watever they titled it and BAM! thanks to everyone who helped!

Tricytal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If you want newer games to run, here's what you should try, in order.[*]Latest official firmware.
Go to the site printed on your cart, download and set up the latest firmware, see if that fixes it. If there's no site printed or the site is down, this is a good resource for finding firmwares.

[*]AP-bypassing options.
Some carts have a setting or mode that will disable AP in games (to get them all running), but it may also disable extra features such as cheating and soft-reset, so these options tend to be turned off by default.

[*]A clean ROM.
If the ROM you're using has been modified in some way there's a chance it might not work on certain carts. In addition sometimes when transferring ROMs between carts small amounts of damage to the data can occur, so while the ROM may appear to be fine, it's actually been modified on accident and may not run.

Download and run this program, then go to Update -> DSFCC. This should update you to the most recent version. After that, browse around the folders in the upper-left to find where your ROMs are, when you click the folder the filenames should show up below the folder area. Select the ROM(s) you want to check, then click the health/heart button below the list, that will check to see if it's clean or not. Beware, trimmed ROMs will always show as having been modified! While trimming a ROM is generally regarded as safe, there's always the possibility of something going wrong.

If you find that the ROM you're having trouble with doesn't match the known clean ROM, then you'll want to redownload it (preferably from a site other than the one you used originally as their copy may be bad/damaged in the first place).

[*]Format your MicroSD card.
If the filesystem on your MicroSD card is damaged it can cause all sorts of trouble with running games. First copy everything off of your MicroSD, then run this program to format it properly. After that copy everything back, and see if the game runs properly.

[*]YSmenu or other alternate firmware.
If there's no official support you can try an alternate firmware. If you have an original R4 or clone of the original (hardware-wise, not neccessarily name-wise) you can try Wood R4, which updates for new games often. If you have something else you'll have to see if you can run YSmenu, it's got updates to the data files to run new games.

[*]Game patches.
If there's no way to run better firmware on your cart, you'll have to hunt out patches for the games and apply them to your ROM. While this used to be very common, it's increasingly rare for patches to be made because there's multiple carts that can run new games without patches now, and multiple alternate firmwares for other carts that add support for new games. Rudolph makes and updates a ROM patcher that will automatically patch many games, but this doesn't support everything. For individual games that patcher doesn't support, you'll need to hunt out the patches yourself via google.

[*]A new cart.
If you can't run any decent firmware and there's no patches for the games you want to play, your cart's a piece of shit and you should buy a decent one, to put it bluntly. While many sites may tout R4 clones as amazing stuff and charge $65 for them, in reality even the best flash cart is only about $40, and mainstream ones with less features (that can still play all the latest games) can be had for $25 or less.

the r4 wood works for this game!

FusionDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to everyone but i did get it to work and then unknowingly posted a rom link so got account suspended. thanks to everyone for helping if anyone would like to know how exactly i got golden sun dark dawn to work on the r4 sdhc feel free to message me. THANKS PEOPLE

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FusionDragon said:
sorry to everyone but i did get it to work and then unknowingly posted a rom link so got account suspended. thanks to everyone for helping if anyone would like to know how exactly i got golden sun dark dawn to work on the r4 sdhc feel free to message me. THANKS PEOPLE

Hell yeah!! Thnx to what he got, I got it running too. You can ask me about it too, if anyone wants to run it on R4 SDHC, but ALL the credit goes to FusionDragon (the guy who posted above) for getting the files needed and sending the link. Unfortunatelly that site has a ROM download, so it can't be posted in the forums. PM me or him
tongue.gif

FusionDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and SERIOUSLY anyone who wants to know how to do this just message me and i WILL message you back. DAMN RIGHT I WILL!!! GOLDEN SUN ROCKS

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to YWG, Taju and Retrogamefans, I go the files.
Some credit to FusionDragon for pointing me in the right direction.
FusionDragon: You can post the filletrip link here you know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2