Golden Sun Cheats w/ 3in1

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by SylvWolf, Feb 25, 2008.

Feb 25, 2008

Golden Sun Cheats w/ 3in1 by SylvWolf at 10:30 PM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

Jul 30, 2007
    East Coast, USA
    United States
    As you probably got from the title, I am trying to cheat in Golden Sun using my 3in1. GABSharky can not patch it (no IRQ handlers) and the +5 trainer does not affect all party members, just Isaac and Garet. Any way to use cheats on this, namely Infinite HP/PP for all party members? Should I start over and not use the trainer until I have all four party members?

Thanks to anyone who helps.
  2. trikon000

Member trikon000 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    you will need the 3in1tool from website and have an EZ V slot 1 cart to be able to use the cheat loading function for GBA games.

Cheats with other stuff on the 3in1 don't tend to work without screwing up the rom or makes the sav data unreadable when you port it to something else.

I find it easier to hack the stats in VBA (on the pc) then move the sav file to the 3in1 to play. In normal play, the max is 1999/1999 (HP/PP), weird game limits if you ask me. I suggest hacking the resistance stats, that way elemental spells either do very low dmg or none at all, 80% of all spells cast in game are identified as elemental.