Hacking Going from MiiWii to USB loader - how please!?

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys

I have the latest MiiWii installed:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132754

But I have the means to try using a USB loader now and I'm not sure what I need to do in order to achieve this? I want to try Cover Flow USB ISO Loader:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152074

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Maybe a tutorial? Or give me the lowdown on what pre-requisites I'll need to go from MiiWii to USB Loader.

Many thanks

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
You just need a loader, a usb storage device and CIOS 13a, i use ozgee custom loader which can be found right at the top of one of the stickies.

First install the CIOS, i use network mode never failed me yet, then set up your usb device on your pc to the correct format, again i use WBFS manager 3 to do this and copy what games across i want to play, or you can instaqll them from within the loader itself but it takes a lot longer, get the latest loader of your choice OZGEE for me as its pretty, unplug your usb and stick it into the usb drive that is closest to the corner on the wii then start your loader, best with a forwarder as they are constantly being updated or just run it from homebrew channel, it should start within 30 seconds and give you a list of titles, all you have to do is press a to start your game, cios 13a and latest loaders will give great compat and also allow you to play all the newer games, you can see which games dont work on wii powers signature, he is in a lot of posts.

that is all, hope it helps

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, I should have updated really, but in the absence of any replies, I figured it out
tongue.gif
I wanted to almost virginise my Wii though so this is how I achieved it:

The way I did it was to:

- update Wii to Official version 4 from Nintendo using the Wii update on the console
- backed up saves
- format the system to factory default
- used Bannerbomb to hack my Wii and install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii
- installed cIOS Rev 10
- installed WAD Manager and IOS36-64-v1042.wad
- installed PreLoader
- activated all PreLoader hacks
- installed Cover Flow USB Loader
- set PreLoader to launch Cover Flow on Wii startup

One question though. I installed cIOS revision 10 because it was listed as a prerequisite for Cover Flow. What's the deal with later revisions? Could I install a later revision and Cover Flow will still function? Can you downgrade cIOS to earlier version if it doesn't? Thanks.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
One question though. I installed cIOS revision 10 because it was listed as a prerequisite for Cover Flow. What's the deal with later revisions? Could I install a later revision and Cover Flow will still function? Can you downgrade cIOS to earlier version if it doesn't? Thanks.

They are just newer revisions with newer features ext..

Coverflow will still function with any Rev10 or above.

Yes you can downgrade it will just overwrite the previous one.

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Logan said:

They are just newer revisions with newer features ext..

Coverflow will still function with any Rev10 or above.

Yes you can downgrade it will just overwrite the previous one.

Thanks mate
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0