Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

Battlefield Argentina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Personally, i dont give two shits about the plot or dialogs, i just want to understand the menus, weapons, stats, descriptions, etc, so i know what i'm doing in the game

Kusogane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just hope that whatever result it may comes, it comes from the best effort of them. I dont know about being hacker and translating japanese to english and so on, but i know it is not an easy task.
I appreciate greatly for the team and everyone on it. :D

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Argentina - that's why I was speaking about a beta translation being released now. I'm one of those who want to know the story, but since we'll have to wait for total translation anyways a gameplay-tier translation would be enough for now :)

soluuloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As someone who were a manga/anime translator for years, I predicted they need at least 6 months to fully translate and test the game. I was surprised when they could translated 20% strings in just some days. But it's not that bad, honestly. The reviewed strings can fixed by someone who has proper English grammar. There's no need to re-translate the whole things as long as the game terms, materials, aragami and people's name, mission requirements are right.

Too bad, I dont know Japanese...

Last edited by soluuloi,

Misterman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hope a patch will be released soon. Even if beta patch and not 100% english acurate (especially 2nd half of game which needs reviewd) still better than nothing at all. Hope to see one soon

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Soluuloi - we basically don't even need mission reqs - in GE:B all missions were a kill fest and small dots on minimap meant non-essential aragami while big dots meant mission objective enemies, so I don't think it'll be much different here :) I only hope that we will see such a beta/gameplay-only translation as soon as possible, but right now it's Coldbird's and/or DevNoName's decision.

Last edited by mareq00713,

Kittysune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Soluuloi - we basically don't even need mission reqs - in GE:B all missions were a kill fest and small dots on minimap meant non-essential aragami while big dots meant mission objective enemies, so I don't think it'll be much different here :) I only hope that we will see such a beta/gameplay-only translation as soon as possible, but right now it's Coldbird's and/or DevNoName's decision.
well lemme explain it
dots withou black line is an non mission requitment to kill
something like that

devnoname120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, I would like to thank the real translators who make their best to produce quality translations. If you believe that your translations are of good-quality, and mistake-free, please send me a PM with your Transifex username, so that I can add you as a reviewer.

Yet, brainless translations using automated tools do definitely not help the translation. When I opened the translation to the public, I expected that this would happen. But not at this scale. To the people using automated translation tools without correctly reworking the translation: you are impeding our translations efforts. Not only is it useless, but it actually prevents translators from knowing what is (properly) translated from what is not.

Regarding the release of a beta patch, Coldbird and I already discussed about this matter, and decided that releasing a nightly patch would be a good way to promote our fan translation, and gather reports from users. Withstanding the recent massive use of automated translation tools, I am not sure that it would be a bright idea to release a beta patch, at least not right now. The amount of reports that we might get regarding the gibberish translations could be tantanamous. I will discuss with Coldbird on this matter.

About the fear that we might suddenly disappear and not release the patch: a lot of efforts have been put into the (un)packer, the translation platform, and other things. To say the least, it would be ridiculous for us to give up on a so advanced stage, so we will not. In the future, please point people thinking otherwise to this statement.

I hope that the patch will be ready for release soon. I am as eager as you to play God Eater 2!

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well Devnoname, only one question and I know everything - partial translation (basically check who kept machinetranslating and not using their work in beta, which way not everything would be translated in beta). Is it a possibility in some near future, maybe like I suggested before, that only materials and item names+menus would be obligatory here? And sorry if it sounds bothersome, but it's killing me since I'll start learning japanese in not even a month but if I'd used possibility I had to start it two years ago I would be helping now :)

Cewyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If there is a way to only upload a patch of approx. 70% of the translation, it should be good-to-decent. If i remember correctly, its around 80-83% that it suddenly started to be rushed.

I can help with the translation, but is there any way to make it easier to find those lines?

Kittysune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If there is a way to only upload a patch of approx. 70% of the translation, it should be good-to-decent. If i remember correctly, its around 80-83% that it suddenly started to be rushed.

I can help with the translation, but is there any way to make it easier to find those lines?
actually it was from 85% to 100% that was being rushed with just two days

devnoname120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is probably possible to cancel the poor translations recently made by a few members with the help of Transifex's API.

My computer is broken though, so I hope that Coldbird will have the time to do it.

@Cewyn I think that Transifex can sort files by last-updated date. This is not an ideal solution, but this can help to improve translations in the meantime.

Kittysune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It is probably possible to cancel the poor translations recently made by a few members with the help of Transifex's API.

My computer is broken though, so I hope that Coldbird will have the time to do it.

@Cewyn I think that Transifex can sort files by last-updated date. This is not an ideal solution, but this can help to improve translations in the meantime.
awwwww D: wish your PC getting better anytime soon :3

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing job on this patch. I now know from personal experience that translating a psp game is very, very, very time consuming and tedious work even on a small scale. I can't wait to see this complete. Cudos to you guys for not stopping after this (major) minor upset.

Kogarasumaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My fear came to life :nayps3:
First, thank you for the translators that actually understands your work in this project and PROPERLY TRANSLATED THE GAME, Especially for the reviewer(s). You will have a long way ahead of you. And for the ones who's in charge of this project, don't rush it. Nobody wants a half-assed translations, right? :yay:

Now, for the people that rushed this project, the ones who ask for a partial translation, and the motherf**kers that ruined the translation.

TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU.

TBH, nobody cares about all of you and all of your wishes. If you want partial translation then make it yourself. if you can't, then that's your problem, not anyone else's problem. don't drag your stupidity to what other people do. now because all of your stupidity, the translations became shit.

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Kogorasumaru - can you do something else than abusing people? Ok, people like Keigo screwed up but that's not the reason to suggest they bed their own mothers. Also I wouldn't say that asking for a partial translation means somebody is stupid, I could even tell that saying "nobody cares..." when actually more people asked about releasing a partial translation than not doing it, and even DevNoName considers it as a mean to advertise the project, is stupid on your part. So keep some internet etiquete and don't act like a douchebag. With regards 00713.

Reactions: rlxa

Cewyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wherever you are, you are asked to be respected and to respect each others. Yeah, they made it worse for reviewers and we'll have to translate again with some difficulties the last part that was rushed, but that's no reason to insult and lash out on the ones who wanted to help making it faster.

Reactions: rlxa

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I would like to thank the real translators who make their best to produce quality translations. If you believe that your translations are of good-quality, and mistake-free, please send me a PM with your Transifex username, so that I can add you as a reviewer.

Yet, brainless translations using automated tools do definitely not help the translation. When I opened the translation to the public, I expected that this would happen. But not at this scale. To the people using automated translation tools without correctly reworking the translation: you are impeding our translations efforts. Not only is it useless, but it actually prevents translators from knowing what is (properly) translated from what is not.

Regarding the release of a beta patch, Coldbird and I already discussed about this matter, and decided that releasing a nightly patch would be a good way to promote our fan translation, and gather reports from users. Withstanding the recent massive use of automated translation tools, I am not sure that it would be a bright idea to release a beta patch, at least not right now. The amount of reports that we might get regarding the gibberish translations could be tantanamous. I will discuss with Coldbird on this matter.

About the fear that we might suddenly disappear and not release the patch: a lot of efforts have been put into the (un)packer, the translation platform, and other things. To say the least, it would be ridiculous for us to give up on a so advanced stage, so we will not. In the future, please point people thinking otherwise to this statement.

I hope that the patch will be ready for release soon. I am as eager as you to play God Eater 2!

May i ask you a question! Forgive me if its a noobish one but could you just delete all (apparently done) transalated scripts that were transalated during Sep 12-sep20th? Its clear that that was when the machine transalations began but ofcourse if this is possible then you would need to ensure that other ppls scripts like DeviFoxes transalated scripts arent deleted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...