Homebrew getting rid of wad that I lost the file for?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you delete the channel, it won't appear on your system menu, but the ticket will still be there. So if Nintendo ran any checks for pirated channels, they'd find it. Your best bet is to re-download the wad onto your SD card and just uninstall it completely with WAD Manager. You can also use AnyTitle Deleter, but that's if you know what you're doing and not deleting your system menu.

Eclipse01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
If you delete the channel, it won't appear on your system menu, but the ticket will still be there. So if Nintendo ran any checks for pirated channels, they'd find it. Your best bet is to re-download the wad onto your SD card and just uninstall it completely with WAD Manager. You can also use AnyTitle Deleter, but that's if you know what you're doing and not deleting your system menu.

The wad is for an older version of usb loader GX and I can't find it anymore. Perhaps i'll give the anytitle deleter/mod a chance

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eclipse01 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

The wad is for an older version of usb loader GX and I can't find it anymore. Perhaps i'll give the anytitle deleter/mod a chance

You could use WAD Creator to create a wad of the channel, then use WAD Manager to uninstall the wad you just created. This will remove the channel and the ticket.

Eclipse01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minties said:
Eclipse01 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

You could use WAD Creator to create a wad of the channel, then use WAD Manager to uninstall the wad you just created. This will remove the channel and the ticket.

thanks, i'll give that a try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.