Hacking Getting prepared for Atmosphere on a 1.0.0 Switch

loopout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I snatched a 1.0.0 Switch some days ago and I would like to get prepared for Atmosphere.

I read about the need of getting Puyo Puyo Tetris Japanese ver. for hacking 1.0.0 but every post was before the great disclosure of the bigger exploits, so I would like to clear for me and for every 1.0.0 Switch owner what should we do from now on, before scalpers hoard each and every PuyoPuyo Jap available.

Do we really need Puyo Puyo Jap for hacking 1.0.0 Switch or is it deprecated info since disclosure of the newer exploits? What are our options?

:*

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
currently, you need Puyo only once, to install fake news and then you can launch pegaswitch without it.
For CFW you will need to boot to RCM via hardmod (or essentially via pegaswtich).
So only thing required for CFW is Switch itself.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you need puyo as explained by kubas, and we will by time have a softmod, maybe not on release date but by time.
at least we can enter the RCM without hardmods that a start

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we really need Puyo Puyo Jap for hacking 1.0.0 Switch or is it deprecated info since disclosure of the newer exploits? What are our options?
We will need Puyo Puyo Tetris S(Jap) once to install Fake News, after that we won't need it.

As for the options:
We can enter RCM without the "easy hardmod" and a software entry point to install Atmosphére SHOULD be available by release, if not shortly thereafter.

Edit: :ph34r:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two known options for launching CFW on a 1.0.0 Switch when it's released:
  1. Japanese Puyo Puyo Tetris (only needed once)
  2. A hardmod way of launching RCM, which can be accomplished easily, among other ways, with paperclip bent the right way

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you can use FG and the pin thing to get in rcm mode, but you will donit each time.

get a copy of puyo install fake news and sell it on ebay

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use FG and the pin thing to get in rcm mode, but you will donit each time.

get a copy of puyo install fake news and sell it on ebay
There are plenty of jigs on Ebay for less than 10 dollars with shipping that will accomplish the same thing without the game

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
true but its up to the choice id get puyo and lose 10 bucks on resale than jig it every reboot.
thats just me its up to each one's prefrence
the game is needed once only

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I guess the only difference with doing it with puyo is that you can have the homebrew launcher now and get into RCM

Just getting into RCM now doesn't let you get HBL so that's why the puyo way is more tempting

Reactions: Kafluke

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i heard people say hbl crashes while others dont.
havent tried either.
if you have the option to get puyo and resell it on ebay go ahead for sure

loopout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, a jap version of a game is pretty hard to sell here in Spain. I think I'm going to wait for Atmosphere Release and then buy PPT Jap if there is no news about other ways to exploit 1.0.

Do u know where could I find it at good prices? Playasia is the only one I know

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only difference with doing it with puyo is that you can have the homebrew launcher now and get into RCM

Just getting into RCM now doesn't let you get HBL so that's why the puyo way is more tempting
I see. I was under the impression that you could jig it once to get into RCM mode and then install pegaswitch and HBL on 1.0.0 no longer needing the jig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over