Hacking Getting prepared for Atmosphere on a 1.0.0 Switch

loopout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I snatched a 1.0.0 Switch some days ago and I would like to get prepared for Atmosphere.

I read about the need of getting Puyo Puyo Tetris Japanese ver. for hacking 1.0.0 but every post was before the great disclosure of the bigger exploits, so I would like to clear for me and for every 1.0.0 Switch owner what should we do from now on, before scalpers hoard each and every PuyoPuyo Jap available.

Do we really need Puyo Puyo Jap for hacking 1.0.0 Switch or is it deprecated info since disclosure of the newer exploits? What are our options?

:*

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
currently, you need Puyo only once, to install fake news and then you can launch pegaswitch without it.
For CFW you will need to boot to RCM via hardmod (or essentially via pegaswtich).
So only thing required for CFW is Switch itself.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you need puyo as explained by kubas, and we will by time have a softmod, maybe not on release date but by time.
at least we can enter the RCM without hardmods that a start

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we really need Puyo Puyo Jap for hacking 1.0.0 Switch or is it deprecated info since disclosure of the newer exploits? What are our options?
We will need Puyo Puyo Tetris S(Jap) once to install Fake News, after that we won't need it.

As for the options:
We can enter RCM without the "easy hardmod" and a software entry point to install Atmosphére SHOULD be available by release, if not shortly thereafter.

Edit: :ph34r:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two known options for launching CFW on a 1.0.0 Switch when it's released:
  1. Japanese Puyo Puyo Tetris (only needed once)
  2. A hardmod way of launching RCM, which can be accomplished easily, among other ways, with paperclip bent the right way

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you can use FG and the pin thing to get in rcm mode, but you will donit each time.

get a copy of puyo install fake news and sell it on ebay

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use FG and the pin thing to get in rcm mode, but you will donit each time.

get a copy of puyo install fake news and sell it on ebay
There are plenty of jigs on Ebay for less than 10 dollars with shipping that will accomplish the same thing without the game

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
true but its up to the choice id get puyo and lose 10 bucks on resale than jig it every reboot.
thats just me its up to each one's prefrence
the game is needed once only

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I guess the only difference with doing it with puyo is that you can have the homebrew launcher now and get into RCM

Just getting into RCM now doesn't let you get HBL so that's why the puyo way is more tempting

Reactions: Kafluke

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i heard people say hbl crashes while others dont.
havent tried either.
if you have the option to get puyo and resell it on ebay go ahead for sure

loopout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, a jap version of a game is pretty hard to sell here in Spain. I think I'm going to wait for Atmosphere Release and then buy PPT Jap if there is no news about other ways to exploit 1.0.

Do u know where could I find it at good prices? Playasia is the only one I know

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only difference with doing it with puyo is that you can have the homebrew launcher now and get into RCM

Just getting into RCM now doesn't let you get HBL so that's why the puyo way is more tempting
I see. I was under the impression that you could jig it once to get into RCM mode and then install pegaswitch and HBL on 1.0.0 no longer needing the jig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...