Getting models and textures from ROM using dslazy?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lodox, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Lodox
    OP

Lodox Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2007
    Poland
    I'm new to all the rom hacking stuff, I downloaded dslazy today and played around for a bit with it. I opened Metroid Prime: Hunters ROM image, and explored it a bit. I found files with 3d models from game, in .bin format. I have no idea if there is such a possibility, but is there a way to convert such a file to any popular format like for instance .obj and then import it into a 3d program? I'm an amateur 3d graphic designer and I'd love to be able to take a look at all these models, maybe even edit them and put them back in if it was possible. If what I just said is stupid and impossible, please don't blame me, I have no idea about rom hacking ^^ thanks in advance

2. dualscreenman

dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2005
    United States
    Rockin' the DSman Party-Van
    I don't know if the model/texture files have been RE'd, or if there are any tools to do that.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  4. Lodox
    OP

Lodox Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2007
    Poland
    thanks a lot I tried out DSGraph, its pretty cool, but it's a pity you can't actually import the models, only look at them. But still very cool, thanks [​IMG]

5. Lodox
    OP

Lodox Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2007
    Poland
    thanks a lot I tried out DSGraph, its pretty cool, but it's a pity you can't actually import the models, only look at them. But still very cool, thanks [​IMG]