Getting models and textures from ROM using dslazy?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lodox, Aug 16, 2007.

Aug 16, 2007
  1. Lodox
    OP

Newcomer Lodox Member

Poland
    I'm new to all the rom hacking stuff, I downloaded dslazy today and played around for a bit with it. I opened Metroid Prime: Hunters ROM image, and explored it a bit. I found files with 3d models from game, in .bin format. I have no idea if there is such a possibility, but is there a way to convert such a file to any popular format like for instance .obj and then import it into a 3d program? I'm an amateur 3d graphic designer and I'd love to be able to take a look at all these models, maybe even edit them and put them back in if it was possible. If what I just said is stupid and impossible, please don't blame me, I have no idea about rom hacking ^^ thanks in advance

2. dualscreenman

Member dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know if the model/texture files have been RE'd, or if there are any tools to do that.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  4. Lodox
    OP

Newcomer Lodox Member

Poland
    thanks a lot I tried out DSGraph, its pretty cool, but it's a pity you can't actually import the models, only look at them. But still very cool, thanks [​IMG]

5. Lodox
    OP

Newcomer Lodox Member

Poland
    thanks a lot I tried out DSGraph, its pretty cool, but it's a pity you can't actually import the models, only look at them. But still very cool, thanks [​IMG]