Hacking Getting HB on a new new nintendo 3ds JPN

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I imported a brand new, new nintendo 3ds, the firmware would be on 8.1 right, and I could buy an ocarina of time 3d from japan and use my current 3ds to inject oothax into it right? But where do I get the 8.1 JPN payload from? It isnt present in smealums github, can I use another payload that will work with the out of box firmware? I just want to make sure before I make any drastic purchases

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If I imported a brand new, new nintendo 3ds, the firmware would be on 8.1 right, and I could buy an ocarina of time 3d from japan and use my current 3ds to inject oothax into it right? But where do I get the 8.1 JPN payload from? It isnt present in smealums github, can I use another payload that will work with the out of box firmware? I just want to make sure before I make any drastic purchases
You can upgrade using Gateway 4.0b. I just looked in the folder of Gateway 3.4 tha I have saved on my computer and there are save files for JPN Zelda. They are probably in Gateway 4.0b as well. (You probably don't need to be told but stay clear away from Gateway TimeMachine)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India

I think even new consoles come at a higher fw than 8.1. Don't quote me though

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a Japanese New 3ds non-xl last month and it came on 9.2, so they're still out there somewhere, just takes some luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works