Getting a PSP Soon

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sjones900, Jan 26, 2009.

Jan 26, 2009

Getting a PSP Soon by sjones900 at 2:15 AM (2,777 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Hi I'm getting a PSP 3000 soon but does it have the ability of cfw yet? Yes I do know about the gripshift exploit and i will be getting a copy of that along with my psp. Also for my memory stick I'm getting on of these, along with two of these. Will any of this give me complications? And what do I do to get the best psx compatibility?

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    As far as I know, PSP 3000 doesn't have CFW yet, I wouldn't know about the memory sticks, and for best PSX compatibility, get CFW and use pops loader.

3. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    IIRC you need a genuine (MagicGate supported) MSPD for best results when installing CFW.

4. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    Not at all, my fakes have all happily worked on every PSP I've installed CFW on. A lot of the fakes aren't half as bad as people make them out to be, the minority who do get the shitty ones are simply most vocal.

5. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well I found this

Its just an info video, but if team GEN has it working and is going to release something soon I'm getting me a copy of GripShift.

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Old, patched in 5.03 already by Sony, not going to be publicly released and even if it were Gripshift is almost impossible to obtain now for a reasonable sum. The best you can hope for is that the current work on breaking into the actual hardware to get at the pre-IPL comes up trumps.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    -sigh- Why do people keep making these threads?

THE PSP 3000 SERIES CANNOT RUN CUSTOM FIRMWARE AT THIS TIME.

Trust me, when hackers figure out how to get the 3000 series to run CFW, it will be all over the net and you'll know.

8. sjones900
    OP

United States
    so... I should just get a 2000 but they're a little hard to find now aren't they?

9. xist

United Kingdom
    Just get a PSP, buy a few good games (there are plenty to choose from) and enjoy the PSP for what it was originally intended for. Then, when a hack comes along you'll not only have access to CFW but you'll also have a PSP with a history you're certain of and a (hopefully) non messed up control nub. I'd always be a little dubious of buying a second hand PSP due to nub drift, pixel damage, and the unknown flash rewrite history.

10. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well right now I'm short some money the PSP here costs $169.99 and I only have $62.50 lol but I plan to sell my wii games because i have it soft modded, and that should give me a little boost to approx. $110.50. And maybe I might sell my ipod, mainly because of its small mem. capacity only 4 GB. And I'm trading up to 16 GB. and that should do it for the console but I need the memory stick and I was planning on getting on of those expanded battery covers so I could use the phat battery.

11. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Or you could just get the 3K model and not be a cheapass. [​IMG]

12. sjones900
    OP

United States
    That was my original plan, and I'm still following through with it.

13. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

if your gonna get the the 3000 then your going to have to be a little patient for it to be hacked

14. sjones900
    OP

United States
    That's how I was when I had my 1000 it had an "unhackable" firmware on it then the luminous exploit came out two months later but in the mean time I never upgrade my firmware to make sure another firmware didn't prevent me from cfw.

15. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    I have a psp3000 as well. It's the only console I use that I buy all my games for. Most games I get go for fairly cheap though ($15-$20), so I don't really complain [​IMG]

16. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    ^See that's my thing. I have the Slim 2001 model from the Daxter package. I imagine if I wasn't diligent about firmware upgrades (it has 5.03 on it) I probably could start swiping stuff if I really wanted to figure out how to flash things to make it do that + setup a pandora battery(ie: buy as I can't make one.) I just don't see a reason to. All the stuff I've picked up for it so far have ranged mostly in the $10-20 range with a handful up to $30 and I got Wipeout(older one) for $5. When you're paying at or less than the price of a DS game it's not worth the effort as I like to keep what is good so I support it. Funny enough though 75% of what I have was picked up used in fantastic shape, the others I'm a smart shopper. My first legit new (new and new release to the shelf) game will be Loco Roco 2 in like 2 weeks and it's $20.

17. sjones900
    OP

United States
    I guess so but I really want cfw for homebrew like ir shell but that has to be made compatible doesn't it?

18. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well I found an interesting read on Dark Alex's website.

Well at least we know he's getting somewhere. SOURCE

19. xist

United Kingdom
    You realise that's old news? The PSP 3000 doesn't even have a TA88v3 mobo, but a TA90!!!

20. sjones900
    OP

United States
    yeah I realized that a few minutes after I posted but didn't want to mess with it again.