Get ANY OFFICIAL badges without other users' data

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by TheMachinumps, Jul 2, 2017.

1. TheMachinumps
    OP

TheMachinumps <insert custom title here>

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    smol UPDATE! Fixed the way python scripts were being ran. (hopefully -.-)

2. Brayton

Brayton GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I only had the 64 bit version 2.

3. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    I know, but it wouldn't work for those who already had version 3 installed, as it would try to run that instead...

4. Brayton

Brayton GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I don't have python 3

5. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    ALRIGHT, I GET IT, YOU DON'T HAVE PYTHON 3. But when someone makes a tutorial, they have to make sure it works for EVERYONE, and not just ONE PERSON.

dpad_5678, Jubash and Daniella like this.
  6. Brayton

Brayton GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    also i give up it says too many badges on the first set

7. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    Your problem can be solved by simply importing less badges, or creating new badge data and import them. You cannot have more than a 1000, so that's why it's giving you that error.

Oh, and I'm sorry I sounded rude while saying what I said before... I just tried to make this guide as user friendly as possible and I tried to make sure everything works just fine for everyone.
    When someone tells me there is something wrong with something, I always try to fix it. In this case, it looks as easy as changing a single command, but it really isn't.
    I hope you understand it...

8. Daniella

Daniella Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Venezuela
    I have a question!! are the japanese badges complete?

9. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    The Japanese data has every single official badge. So yeah

10. Daniella

Daniella Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Venezuela
    Thank you!!

11. Zeroexe90

Zeroexe90 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2017
    Mexico
    Hi, first excuse my english XD

If i do a system transfer to a new3ds with no cfw... I'll still have the badges or they'll become useless?

12. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    I'm not sure if badges are transferred through system transfer, but if it does, then they will probably work. Just don't open Nintendo Badge Arcade, as that will reload your old badges.

Last edited by TheMachinumps, Jul 16, 2017
    Zeroexe90 likes this.
  13. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS hacker.

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    Loot Lake
    Thanks dude! :yay3ds:
    That was kinda easy to follow. Also I can keep custom badges injected by GYTB too.

[​IMG]

14. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    UPDATE! Added a "Pythonless" pack. It should work just fine without Python having to be installed. I don't recommend using it if you already have python installed though, as it's 10.478x heavier than the normal tool pack (about 3.63 MB/3.46 MiB)

RosaliinaDaHacker64 likes this.
  15. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I'm sorry for asking but I could never figure it out. Is there a way to to add-on badges in bulk. Like instead of manually importing them in Advanced Badge Editor would there be a way to just add-on badges in bulk on the application.

I originally tried to organize all my badges but, I couldn't figure out how to move them up or down so I could make a new set without other badges not belonging in the set.

I also tried what you did above but never understood how to switch png's -> prb's or cab's.

16. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    You can select multiple badges when importing...

17. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    When I attempt to select more than one PNG File it doesn't let me, (the application doesn't let me use ctrl + a, shift + left click) and only lets me select one file at a time
    Like, the only way I can actually add a new badge is selecting "create new badge", selecting "import" select image, and then rinse and repeat until I finish and get all the badges I wanted to add.

Idk if I'm doing something wrong or what the best solution is to actually get all the files transferred at once without doing this method above, I'd just like to know the best way to do add all my badges to simple badge injector or editor easily.
    I could just use GYTB (Or badge, something, idk but that's the acronym.) But the reason why I want to use this over GYTB is because you can add items in sets for better organization.

18. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    It should let you select more if you control + left click. I don't know why it's not working :/

19. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Still no luck.
    Either that or I can just move the icons to a certain position and just re-add them on badge editor, or use GYTB and re-organize everything by name, and then rename every single badge in badge editor. (Since the order of the badges in GYTB is organized by ABC Order, and Badge Editor just replicates the order its on currently in the 3ds.)

My brain is to confuzzled.

20. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    Thanks this seems very cool.

But I just want to confirm, when you say 'any' badge, you mean 'all'?
    This will/can dump all the badges that exist at the moment straight from Nintendo? :)

---

Yes it does excellent, and is it possible to decrypt the data on our computer instead of on the 3ds? Maybe it's possible because we have bootrom keys etc?

Last edited by cearp, Jul 22, 2017