Get ANY OFFICIAL badges without other users' data

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by TheMachinumps, Jul 2, 2017.

1. TheMachinumps
    OP

TheMachinumps <insert custom title here>

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    That could be useful if people wanted to do it multiple times without having to use the 3ds multiple times, just for that, and to also make things somewhat easier, but I personally don't know how to do it...

2. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it would be good because someone could host some code on a server provide a link to the latest badge data, updating once a week (or whenever new badges are released!)
    anyway, thanks

3. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    Unfortunatly, there won't be any new badges anymore.
    The last update for Japan was on 26th of May, and USA/Europe got their last ones on 22nd/23rd of June.
    You'll have to download and decrypt files only once to get all badges ever released.

Speaking of server, there was this: https://github.com/SciresM/BadgeArcadeTool
    That's a tool that could automatically get badges from SpotPass data (it required a 3DS for decryption, as it was the only way back then).
    If you check last pages of this old badge sharing thread, you'll see that some people have managed to set up that tool and have been posting weekly badge dumps made with it.
    So, there actually was no problem for people to get any of the official badges, as they all have been dumped already.

I just never really liked the idea of dumping badges as PNG's, one of the reasons for this was the fact that all of badges' info (names, shortcuts TitleID's, etc) will be lost.
    Well, I do keep those dumps in PNG format myself, as previews, but I wouldn't be using them as actual badges.
    That's why I'm very happy that ABE has support for official formats now, I think that it's much cleaner than using PNG's. ^_^

SkylarTheNerd and cearp like this.
  4. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    UPDATE! Changed the Tool Pack and got rid of the Pythonless Pack. Python is no longer necessary! Oh, and now you can Decrypt BOSS files on your computer using the arm9 bootrom file (boot9.bin) (Suggestion from @cearp). Also updated the guide :P

cearp and redunka like this.
  5. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

GBAtemp Patron
    dpad_5678 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Jesus Christ, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND READ OTHER USERS QUESTIONS AND READ THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS.

6. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    @TheMachinumps good day sir, thanks for this tool... itried it and it worked... im just curious about set with the "book" name on the folder... it contains only .cab file and no .prb.
    just want to ask what are the contents of the book.cab files?

thanks and havi a nice day...

7. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    I'm guessing it's a mix of all the other similar sets, but was never used and was left there in the data. For example, AnimalBook could be the conjunction of the Animal, Animal2, AnimalFes, AnimalItem and AnimalItem2 sets.

I could very possibly be wrong

noctis90210 likes this.
  8. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks for the info... its safe not to use it right when i created a full 7 set of pokemon badges (regular pictures and the pixels)

another question, why in your screenshot there are crown icon beside the icon selection? thanks again...

9. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    the crowns are when you set the item quantity to a very high value, and it gives you an infinite number of that badge.
    i found both silver and gold crowns, but they both seemed to be unlimited.
    i assume there is some nice tool to do it now, without hex editing :D

10. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    I know I'm kinda late with this reply, but still… :P

As far as I can tell, "book" icons are actually used in Badge Arcade game.
    They're used as icons for "collections" of related sets, exactly how you guessed.
    So, yeah, we shouldn't care about them, as they're never used as icons for actual sets.

noctis90210 and TheMachinumps like this.
  11. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    i just read few articles on the web and it says there will be no more update coming to this game...
    so since theres no more update, how bout shortening the tutorial? just asuggestion.
    what i mean, zip the decompressed files (badges) and attach it on the OP, then instructions on how to inject those file using Advanced badge editor Tool Pack
    and Simple Badge Injector on 3ds...
    unless its, prohibited to attach those decompressed files?

12. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    It's most likely copyrighted, so I can't do that

noctis90210 likes this.
  13. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    it just so sad that new pokemon and forms on ultra sun and ultra moon cant make it through badge arcade... :-(

14. TheMachinumps
    OP

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    Yeah...
    and the fact that barely anyone cares about this, but that's not that important, right?... right... I guess people just aren't interested in this, that's why

MateoSebasBV and noctis90210 like this.
  15. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    yeah, the game is too expensive for $1=5 or less badge. :-( much better if they add that game on MiiPlaza and a 1 time pay like other MiiPlaza games.
    Anyway, just want to say thanks for official free badge even, like youve said, few 3ds users are interested in this, count me in :-)

TheMachinumps likes this.
  16. Milklatte

Milklatte Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    United States
    My special Mii Plaza, Camera, Eshop, etc. badges no longer work properly :( They all register as the common decoration badges. I don't know what to do..

Edit: Nvm. I was able to fix the problem ^^

Last edited by Milklatte, Aug 25, 2017
  17. Antonio2311

Antonio2311 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    Mexico
    Thank you so much for making this possible! :yay3ds:

Attached Files:

Last edited by Antonio2311, Aug 21, 2018
  18. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    I'd like to bump this thread, because it deserves much more love. ;)
    Yeah, I know that bumping is usually frowned upon, I guess I'll also share this to make this post somewhat useful:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16W2ABfj60p-n1i-CdgukiMQ0qHBnk0T4mwtLDKB59BU/edit?usp=sharing
    This spreadsheet shows the names of all badges and sets sorted by their IDs, and this is how I prefer to import them.
    So, if you, for some reason, really want to sort your badges in exactly the same way Nintendo Badge Arcade does, you can use that sheet as a reference.

TheMachinumps and Zeroexe90 like this.
  19. miao_zhenkai

miao_zhenkai Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2018
    China
    Thanks very much!

20. skywarp

skywarp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    What happens if you do this than launch the actual badge arcade? Do you get banned from the service or have the badges removed? Just curious.