1. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Because Sony is so prone to keeping their golden child from having any vulnerabilities that they'll patch anything that seems remotely possible to be hacked. They know the guy is a hacker for the iPod at least, so it's not some nobody saying "HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO". They'll go to any lengths to patch up holes, even ones that aren't yet proven.

And doubters aren't haters. Doubters are just those who ask questions.

2. DarkMario616

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey, if there is CFW, we can install our own PS1 onto the PS3 >_> or download ones we don't have onto the full screen.

3. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Shit! I upgraded to 3.21 assuming that PS3 Slim could never be hacked... Well it's still a maybe, I wonder what will happen.

4. bolex17

bolex17 GBAtemp Regular

Never Assume..! [​IMG]

5. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    DUDES!! this is CFW is not for pirating!! it is just to keep OtherOS there. just for third party apps. no pirated games [​IMG]

6. ragde

ragde Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    He is the one that started it all in PS3 hacking, which is advancing really slow but it is. I just hope a CFW comes out just to play PS2 games. That's all I care. PS3 games are too much hustle to download (too dang big of a blue-ray)

7. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    [​IMG] I want CFW on a ps3. Provided I buy one and can hack it. I wouldn't pirate ps3 games but I'd pirate ps2 games and hopefully could put them on a hard drive.

@ragde You also have to buy blu ray disk which are $10 at least each and a burner. Which I think the burner is $100+?

8. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AFter pirating three PS3 games, thatll have paid for itself

9. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!
    Former Staff

Italy
    Actually PS3 scene started a lot earlier. You know, most hackers out there don't like to dangle winner's banners out of their windows if they still don't have something concrete in their hands first.
    Amongst all those lots of fake hacks, there were also serious hackers working on it. And it's not like what GeoHot has done now wasn't already achieved by others in the past.

Maybe they had a exploit. Maybe it wasn't for kernel-mode, just user-mode. Maybe it only worked on a specific version of the OS.
    So why waste a good exploit doing stupid videos just to show that you have it, so to make Sony patch those holes?

You see, it's not like everything that's happening behind the scenes gets blatant advertising like this.

10. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Not if you never planned on buying those games in the first place, if you were never going to buy them, you were never going to lose that money so in essence you still paid.

11. Seraph

Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is he really the one that started it all in PS3 hacking? What developments have you seen from anyone besides the screenshots and videos by GeoHotz himself? It may very well be true that he's actually hacked the PS3, but until I see actual proof(maybe this CFW) I'll take his words with a grain of salt.

12. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    well, i just glad that he doesnt go around telling people what were those exploits... God knows how many fixes were made by sony thanks to those tards(although i am thankful to them for finding exploits, but seriously? Is there really a need to go around telling people extra information).

Anyway, like what they have mentioned, i will just look at it and take it with a pinch of salt.

13. DarkMario616

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OMG I forgot about the PS2 thing.

I hope thats in the CFW :/

14. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I don't see why so many people are like

"Who this fuck would believe this little noob troll. Lololololol, I'll believe you when you release it you huge troll!"

Do you guys realize who geohot is? He's like the creator of the ipod touch 2g jailbreak (iirc) and the ipod touch 3g/3.1.2 jailbreak. He made jailbreaking incredibly fast and simple by just clicking a button and waiting 5 seconds.

As a side note to the people saying what's the point about CFW on a system with huge ISO files.

That is the point. That's probably why geohot is interested in the PS3! It's a gold mine for a piracy free homebrew world. People won't see the point for USB loaders/backup loaders, so they'll make excellent homebrew instead!

15. Seraph

Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You know why people are like that? Because he hasn't released anything. This is the PS3 not the iPod touch/iPhone. I'll admit though, it seems like he'll release this "CFW", and his words will seem a bit more believable after that.

16. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Yah but people need to learn the difference between "Yo dudes chek dis shit out, i copied a file to mah pstree and it auto haxed it i'll release it 2night dawgs" and "Yesterday I correlated the mismatch of the registry check sums and found an obvious exploit just waiting to be taken advantage of!" (

17. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Im on the same train :

18. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    geohot or not, I believe it when I see it.

19. gameguy95

gameguy95 Needs More Furries!
    Banned

United States
    it has to be blue ray? if so, then holy cow! R.I.P PS3 piracy

20. Wombo Combo

Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Kudos to GeoHot he is one impressive individual.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, Reveals, GeoHot