GeckoOS or NeoGamma? (4.2e+DriveKey)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CoNS, Nov 29, 2009.

1. CoNS
    OP

CoNS Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    I have a Wii 4.2e with a DriveKey modchip installed. No softmods, HBC or other tweaks whatsoever on my system - except the DriveKey modchip.

So far I have been able to play all games just fine, but now my son is bugging me to get NSMB! I don't want to wait for the DriveKey update to come out (which will also be for JTAG programmers only!), and I really want to mess as little as possible with the Wii system menu. My first priority is to avoid any softmodding and installation on the Wii. Alternatively I could live with installing HBC (and BootMii and DVDX) from the HackMii installer, but I don't want to go into the IOS downgrading / cIOS stuff.

I have been reading a lot of guides lately, and I am thinking of doing the following to get NSMB to run:

1. Insert a non-patched BAHAMUT version of the NSMB backup in the Wii disc drive.
    2 Use the BannerBomb v2 hack to run loadMii from a SD card.
    3 Use loadMii to run GeckoOS 1.9.3 (with the Ocarina cheat file) or NeoGamma R8 beta15, and start NSMB from there.

Would this work?

In particular, I am unsure whether GeckoOS or NeoGamma will load via loadMii, or only from HBC?

And would GeckoOS or NeoGamma even be able to run (and then start up NSMB from a backup disc), without IOS/cIOS modifications? (remember, I have a DriveKey modchip installed)

Thanks in advance for your input and help [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice