Gbc on easy flash 4

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by grenskul, Jul 25, 2014.

1. grenskul
    OP

grenskul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2014
    So basically I have a easy flash 4 and so far my son is rely liking it as he can play some of his old game which he had previously broken .
    A problem I originally just wanted to play gba game but now I found out that my sons only gbc games aren't playable anymore ( the cartridges were physically damaged ) .
    So the games are the harry potter 1 and 2 rpgs and using goomba colour the games have rely bad visual glitches. Is there an alternative to goomba colour ? Or is there some way to patch these visual bugs .
    The glitches happen on both games whenever any character speaks the colors get all messed up and it makes the game unplayable .
    If anyone could help me you would be making a 11 year old gamer very happy . Thank you .

2. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    There really isn't any alternative go Goomba, sadly. Goomba is great for GameBoy games and a few of the most popular GBC titles only, but that's it. Your best bet would be playing it emulated on a DS.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    like the user above me said, there is only goomba...

there is a gameboy flashcart for gameboy and gameboy color games but its quite expensive... http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60

you can also buy him an old ds and a cheap flashcart (get a ds lite for example) but i understand the feeling on playing on a gameboy

but if you only want those games you are better buying the real cartridges from ebay (or olx, i am portuguese too) they are usually not that expensive..

4. grenskul
    OP

grenskul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2014
    Isn't there any way to patch the games or something to correct the visual glitches ( or maybe playing the game in black and white ). Spending money isn't a real option right now so baying the game isn't possible right now ( much less a used ds )

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    sadly no... harry potter games are full gameboy color games. ou can't play them on a original game boy so, no black and white...
    gomba is the only option then..

and the game can be bought about 5 euros.. :/ but i understand...

6. NintendoGuy128

NintendoGuy128 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    Why don't you try the GBA versions of Harry Potter, they are the same but with better graphics which I assume your son would enjoy?

7. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    You can turn GBC games into a GBA format with this tutorial, but it can be buggy.

8. grenskul
    OP

grenskul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2014
    Dude are you fucking kidding me , did you read my post at all ?
    I know about goomba colour , I used it . It gives me visual glitches on the games I want . I was looking for an alternative . How about you read my post before giving me a retard certificate and pointing me to a basic how to that I could make myself out of memory alone .

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Goomba Colour is your only option as of today - if you want more glitchless GB/GBC game support, you'll have to invest in a GB/GBC flashcart. I can recommend the Everdrive GB as it's the most modern solution to date, I've reviewed on GBATemp.net recently, give the article a read if you're interested. ;)

10. grenskul
    OP

grenskul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you . This is what I have ended at . I am currently saving right now but it's low on the priority list , but I will buy it eventually .

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    There are some cheaper solutions such as the USB Smart Card 64M, but those do not support SD cards and as such can be inconvenient. You know what they say - you pay for quality. ;)