GBC Flashcard

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. As I don't want to push my one year old thread, I thought I was just going to ask in a new thread. I want to buy the EMS USB Cartridge. I just want to know some things about the card. What about saving. I heard only one save is possible at a time, but in another thread I read that you can somehow handle more saves. What about an internal clock. Has the EMS a build in clock ? Or anyone has the name of a better flashcard ? The things I want are Compatibility (very important), Clock (not so important if there are bypasses. maybe a pokemon gold/silver/crystal day and night switcher ? is there something like this ?) and multiple saves (would be nice). I hope that someone can help me.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Hey. As I don't want to push my one year old thread, I thought I was just going to ask in a new thread. I want to buy the EMS USB Cartridge. I just want to know some things about the card. What about saving. I heard only one save is possible at a time, but in another thread I read that you can somehow handle more saves. What about an internal clock. Has the EMS a build in clock ? Or anyone has the name of a better flashcard ? The things I want are Compatibility (very important), Clock (not so important if there are bypasses. maybe a pokemon gold/silver/crystal day and night switcher ? is there something like this ?) and multiple saves (would be nice). I hope that someone can help me.

You should buy the EMS Smart Card 64M. It has two switchable banks. You have heard correctly that there is only one save allowed; there is only a single save bank. Compatibility seems top-notch for mine, and there is a clock, I'm pretty sure. A good way to use it is to have a bank filled with games that NEVER save anything EVER, and a bank with a single game that saves. I used mine in a Super Mario Land + Pokemon Yellow combination and it worked pretty well
smile.gif

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to change the time on Pokemon Crystal, there's a hacked ROM out there titled "Pokemon Crystal (U) [C][h1] (enable setting of time).gbc" which does exactly that.

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a fix for this Pokemon - Kristall-Edition (G) [C][!].gbc ? I can only find the one you named, but no patch for the german version :I

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so, I got the EMS USB Cartridge today. Is there any way to store more than one save ? DGBMax doesn't recognize the card.

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://filetrip.net/...Client-1-03.html

This should help, you will need XP or lower, or you can use the Virtualbox method.

I already have this (runs fine on my windows 7), but my question was if there is a way to manage the 128kb of sram that the card has. the card blows the save up to 128kb, even if it only needs 8kb. So my question was if I could somehow manage that space, to use the saves of more games.

D

Deleted-236924

If the SRAM is shared, it would mean we would be able to have Pokemon Red and Blue on the flashcard and have the same save file for both?
Sounds useful.

Chemowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hunter291 said:

You should buy the EMS Smart Card 64M. It has two switchable banks. You have heard correctly that there is only one save allowed; there is only a single save bank. Compatibility seems top-notch for mine, and there is a clock, I'm pretty sure. A good way to use it is to have a bank filled with games that NEVER save anything EVER, and a bank with a single game that saves. I used mine in a Super Mario Land + Pokemon Yellow combination and it worked pretty well
smile.gif

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
hunter291 said:

smile.gif

eastbayarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know why nobody releases a GB/GBC flash cart larger than 64mb - that's fine for GB mono games, but GB Color games are noticeably larger, so 64mb fills up quick. I am trying to convince the guy that makes the Everdrive line of flash carts to do a GB/GBC Everdrive with hopefully a microSD slot...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-