GBC Flashcard

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by hunter291, Sep 20, 2011.

Sep 20, 2011

GBC Flashcard by hunter291 at 6:35 PM (3,398 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. hunter291
    OP

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Hey. As I don't want to push my one year old thread, I thought I was just going to ask in a new thread. I want to buy the EMS USB Cartridge. I just want to know some things about the card. What about saving. I heard only one save is possible at a time, but in another thread I read that you can somehow handle more saves. What about an internal clock. Has the EMS a build in clock ? Or anyone has the name of a better flashcard ? The things I want are Compatibility (very important), Clock (not so important if there are bypasses. maybe a pokemon gold/silver/crystal day and night switcher ? is there something like this ?) and multiple saves (would be nice). I hope that someone can help me.

2. epicCreations.or

Member epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should buy the EMS Smart Card 64M. It has two switchable banks. You have heard correctly that there is only one save allowed; there is only a single save bank. Compatibility seems top-notch for mine, and there is a clock, I'm pretty sure. A good way to use it is to have a bank filled with games that NEVER save anything EVER, and a bank with a single game that saves. I used mine in a Super Mario Land + Pokemon Yellow combination and it worked pretty well [​IMG]

3. Jiro2

Member Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you want to change the time on Pokemon Crystal, there's a hacked ROM out there titled "Pokemon Crystal (U) [C][h1] (enable setting of time).gbc" which does exactly that.

4. hunter291
    OP

Germany
    Is there a fix for this Pokemon - Kristall-Edition (G) [C][!].gbc ? I can only find the one you named, but no patch for the german version :I

5. Levente

Member Levente GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    How do I change the time?

6. hunter291
    OP

Germany
    so, I got the EMS USB Cartridge today. Is there any way to store more than one save ? DGBMax doesn't recognize the card.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You gotta go on the Clock page of the PokéGear and press the Up/Down buttons to change the time.

9. hunter291
    OP

Germany
    I already have this (runs fine on my windows 7), but my question was if there is a way to manage the 128kb of sram that the card has. the card blows the save up to 128kb, even if it only needs 8kb. So my question was if I could somehow manage that space, to use the saves of more games.

10. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The SRAM is shared, it is bad way to design unless it was segmented which it isn't. Your likely going to have game2 as something with a zero save size.

11. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    If the SRAM is shared, it would mean we would be able to have Pokemon Red and Blue on the flashcard and have the same save file for both?
    Sounds useful.

12. Chemowski

Newcomer Chemowski Advanced Member

Sweden

13. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom

14. eastbayarb

Newcomer eastbayarb Advanced Member

United States
    I really don't know why nobody releases a GB/GBC flash cart larger than 64mb - that's fine for GB mono games, but GB Color games are noticeably larger, so 64mb fills up quick. I am trying to convince the guy that makes the Everdrive line of flash carts to do a GB/GBC Everdrive with hopefully a microSD slot...