Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
The Your News Feed page is using the system emoji font instead of Twemoji like the rest of the site.
スクリーンショット 2021-09-28 1.27.57.png

Edit: Happens in Safari, Firefox, and Edge for me, not a Safari bug this time :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, are we not getting XP from likes anymore? Not sure if that's an intentional change, a bug with the transaction list, or a bug with actually giving XP, but ever since the V8 upgrade I only have daily activity and the one trophy listed, even though I have gotten a few likes since.

スクリーンショット 2021-09-28 1.52.20.png

Last edited by Pk11,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What browser are you using?
Firefox on my PC, Chrome on my phone.
Strangely, it gets cut off at different points depending on the zoom level. At 160% zoom I'm even able to see part of the patron settings, but only if I refresh after changing the zoom:
Edit: This is very strange. If I refresh and immediately change to another tab and wait until the page is fully loaded I can see the whole page fine.
1632835762080.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have noticed a few issues since the shift so far:
  • For some reason, when starting a new post or comment, I don't see any option for lists in the editor. Before we had bullets and numbered, but now I don't even see any option for it. (I had to make this list manually with BBCode, since I use it at work sometimes)
  • On WiiU, trying to access GBATemp sends you to a loop page of Cloudfare, and there's no way to enter GBATemp at all from the U's browser. This is a confirmed issue by Costello, but wanted to mention it here too for easy access and feedback in the proper thread.
  • Alerts are not updated automatically when GBATemp is left opened in a tab. You have to refresh the site in order to be able to see that you got new posts or messages. If you don't refresh, you don't get notified (this worked before the transition).
I'll see what else I can find, but so far this is the most noticeable for me.

Reactions: VinsCool

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a Global Moderator now and also see the message.
Seems like this a general reminder, so everyone can see it?

View attachment 277276
Can you not dismiss the notice? There should be a X in the top right corner.

i can force wide screen view ... but it doesn't stick .. is this an error on my part or the sites ?
This should be resolved by now. Can you confirm?

Firefox on my PC, Chrome on my phone.
Strangely, it gets cut off at different points depending on the zoom level. At 160% zoom I'm even able to see part of the patron settings, but only if I refresh after changing the zoom:
Edit: This is very strange. If I refresh and immediately change to another tab and wait until the page is fully loaded I can see the whole page fine.
I can't recreate the issue I'm afraid, tried Firefox too. Haven't seen anyone else with this issue and it's a standard XF2 page so I'm sure it would have been noticed by now. Perhaps a cache issue?

Reactions: VinsCool
UPDATE SEPT. 28 (shaunj66)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, when starting a new post or comment, I don't see any option for lists in the editor. Before we had bullets and numbered, but now I don't even see any option for it. (I had to make this list manually with BBCode, since I use it at work sometimes)
Known issue and this is in the first post.

Today's fixes:

- Custom user palette etc now shows in member tooltip (patrons only)
- Fixed dark mode page navigation colours
- Fixed memebox portal block layout on mobile
- Added missing text string 'xa_ubs_your_published_blog_entries'
- Fixed hot icon showing incorrectly on portal news
- Fixed ability to use the 'Right handed navigation menu' user preference (mobile)
- Fixed ability to use the 'Hide the sidebar within forum threads' user preference
- Fixed ability to use the 'Add to the "Top" button under messages' user preference
- Fixed ability to use the 'Collapse Similar Threads by default' user preference
- Removed redundant unread badge from hamburger menu (mobile) which previously showed unread alerts and unread conversations but could become desynchronised (feedback welcome)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

This should be resolved by now. Can you confirm?

I can't recreate the issue I'm afraid, tried Firefox too. Haven't seen anyone else with this issue and it's a standard XF2 page so I'm sure it would have been noticed by now. Perhaps a cache
Does not seem to be resolved ... essentially i use the toggle at the bottom of any page to adjest size... then close browser .. on reopening browser to gbatemp it has reverted to original size.. is this the correct procedure ?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Does not seem to be resolved ... essentially i use the toggle at the bottom of any page to adjest size... then close browser .. on reopening browser to gbatemp it has reverted to original size.. is this the correct procedure ?
Do you by any chance have disabled cookies or something?
That would be the only way I could see that sort of "setting reset" happening, but maybe there was something else at play too.

Fixed ability to use the 'Right handed navigation menu' user preference (mobile)
Thanks for this, it was a little awkward to use on mobile as a result.

I was wondering, is it an oversight when clicking on my own profile, after opening the hamburger menu, I am sent to the "edit profile" page instead of the profile page itself?

It is a little misleading because I keep going to the edit page by accident, expecting the actual profile instead, haha :P

Screenshot_20210928_151836_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ah yeah, I can indeed dismiss it.
Did not see the X until you pointed it out.
Now the message is indeed gone for me :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As many other people have mentioned already, it seems the XP system is no longer taking likes into account to increment the XP of the user.

Also, I didn't know XP is being spent now?
1632856921213.png

I found this on my XP transaction, but there's no notice or mention of even spending XP in any way in the XP page:
https://gbatemp.net/help/xp/

Only thing I can think of is that the forum thread got removed or something, losing those 5XP for creating a new post, but it's still up there.
Not really sure what happened there, but this is the full list of that specific thread:
1632857081595.png

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
As many other people have mentioned already, it seems the XP system is no longer taking likes into account to increment the XP of the user.

View attachment 277524

I found this on my XP transaction, but there's no notice or mention of even spending XP in any way in the XP page:

Only thing I can think of is that the forum thread got removed or something, losing those 5XP for creating a new post, but it's still up there.
Not really sure what happened there, but this is the full list of that specific thread:
View attachment 277525
Honestly that whole XP system made no sense to me, so I cannot even tell what is normal and what it not lol

I have another observation I wonder was either an oversight or intentional.
Is it not possible to change the privacy option related to blog posts anymore?

It seems like they are public regardless of the privacy settings, the option that would allow limiting who can view the posts is nowhere to be found.
It is a little annoying to me, since I would rather have them kept to forum members only, but if they remain public by design, I guess that's how it's gonna be, and I would have to be careful with the sensitive information written there.

Okay I have another observation that has been confusing me a little bit since the upgrade.
This time it's the way likes/reactions are handled.

Look at the screenshots, between like, haha, and not reacted:

Screenshot_20210928_154659_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210928_154652_com.android.chrome.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense to replace "Like" with "React"?
Possibly also change the text to something like "You reacted with {reaction}", or maybe even simplier, "Unreact"?

Many times I accidentally clicked on a like again because I thought I did not actually do it a moment earlier :P
That would also avoid the confusion in the first place, in my opinion, since we already have a 'you' just above, anyway.

Last edited by VinsCool,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You likely received a notification about new content in the Cool Guy Zone, but your membership awaits approval so you still don’t have the option to view the page. Your level of cool-ness needs to be verified in order to access threads.
how can I be anything but cool?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Transparent group banners are showing doubled with both the CSS background image and HTML img: (ex. the Windows 11 group)
スクリーンショット 2021-09-28 18.09.58.png

This is affecting Safari, Firefox, and Edge for me. The solid background behind the 'Windows 11' is custom CSS of mine to work around the Safari bug I reported yesterday.

Little_Anonymous_Hacker

GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R
Trophies
Website
littleanonhax0r.zyrosite.com
XP
Country
United States
We need an option to make polls in group threads. (e.g. "Will you upgrade to Windows 11?")
Transparent group banners are showing doubled with both the CSS background image and HTML img: (ex. the Windows 11 group)
View attachment 277537

This is affecting Safari, Firefox, and Edge for me. The solid background behind the 'Windows 11' is custom CSS of mine to work around the Safari bug I reported yesterday.

You beat me to it! Here is an example on a mobile layout:
Screenshot_20210928-181510_Chrome.jpg

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

View attachment 277524

View attachment 277525
I think the explanation is simple
- you posted two threads (duplicates probably due to system errors)
- you earned +5 XP for these 2
- your duplicate thread was deleted, which means 5 XP was taken away

It's already worked that way. Negative events have always been there, to revert accidents and whatnot.

Regarding likes I will look into it, this isn't normal.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the explanation is simple
- you posted two threads (duplicates probably due to system errors)
- you earned +5 XP for these 2
- your duplicate thread was deleted, which means 5 XP was taken away

It's already worked that way. Negative events have always been there, to revert accidents and whatnot.

Regarding likes I will look into it, this isn't normal.
Ah I forgot the possibility of a server or connection error which could cause two threads being created.

Thanks for the clarification, and also thanks for all the hard work towards the new Temp fixes and update 😁

Reactions: Costello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs