XP and Levelling Up
XP and Levelling Up
The GBAtemp Experience Points system was introduced in 2018 to playfully encourage members of the community to contribute to the site and forums in a helpful and constructive manner. Members that create useful, helpful, or more generally "good" content are rewarded with XP (eXperience Points). The list of events that allow a member to receive XP is detailed below. After reaching a certain amount of experience points, users will level up. The XP level is displayed on the member information page and next to each forum post. A leaderboard is available, showing the list of members ranked from highest number of XP to lowest. You can also access this page to find out where you stand in this list.
How do I get XP?
Members will be receiving a number of experience points upon triggering the following events. Please note that this list may be changed at any time by the staff without prior notice.
Are there any advantages to reaching higher levels?
Aside from the sheer pride of being a helpful member of the community, we may occasionally offer rewards to important contributors. Events may be organized during which prizes will be awarded to highest XP earners over a specific time period. To learn more about these events, make sure to check out our home page on a daily basis!
What if someone finds a way to cheat the system?
All attempts to cheat the system will result in points being deducted. Warning points will be given, and a suspension may also be applied, potentially resetting the XP to 0.
Why are some people already at such a high level?
In order to account for useful contributions of members through the years, we have granted points to existing users based on the following algorithm:
• Being a registered member: +1 XP
• For each existing 'like' received on one of your forum posts (except for posts in the EOF and the Introductions): +1 XP
• For each year actively spent visiting the site: +10 XP
• For each month actively spent visiting the site: +1 XP
• For each question posted on GBAtemp Ask: +1 XP
• For each answer marked as 'best answer' on GBAtemp Ask: +5 XP
• For each review published on the GBAtemp Review Center: +10 XP
• For each tutorial published in one of the tutorial sections: +10 XP
• For each warn received on the message boards: -10 XP
Details on how your initial XP was calculated can be found on your public profile page.
When will I level up next?
To find your ranking, level, and number of points required to level up, open this page and click on the 'My ranking' button. You can also get the same information by opening up the overlay icon bar at the top right of the browser window. The full list of XP levels can be found below. When you reach a new level, you will receive an alert.
|Level||From XP||To XP|