HI ASL PLS
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a great idea!! Could we get skins for GBATemp rather than always have the same blue color? We could have skins that we could change whenever we wanted and it would save that preference for our username! Wouldn't that just be great?

*The Nose Has Left The Building.*

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has already been discussed in another topic and Kivan or Thug or Tempest or someone said that this is the look of GBATemp and didn't want skins.

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've seen it on many other websites. It just changes the colors and such so that the forum looks different, kind of like Winamp
biggrin.gif
. We could change the way the forum looks to match what we like instead of sticking to this appearance that by now, is kinda dull.

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been using it for 7 months now... so it's kinda old to me. And I know it can be done because in preferences it says "Board Language and Skins." The problem is, there's only one skin there
frown.gif

LuxFerous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is actually fairly easy to do, as long as you dont actually change the templetes.

IPB is a pretty big pain when styling for beginnners as it uses CSS for alot of the stuff and dont explain what it does.

I would also like to see another style. This one is kind of dull, and I prefer darker styles.

tonyrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the problems with multiple layouts is keeping up with changes. whenever you add new content or change where a table or window is, you have to make sure it works in all of the templates (and on most of the common browsers). i have always been against multiple layouts on websites, but that's just me.
happy.gif

Koekie

djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also am really bored with the current skin. it really starts to annoy me...

and about the idea making a new skin:

we shouldn't have more skins installed at the same time, but we need a new standard skin.
my idea was making a "GBATEMP HOTEL" skin!

let's make it a cosy hotel with warm colors, that's still easy to read.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I like the current skin so i wont be using another skin if they implement them. But it sounds like a good idea. Give people a choice, like gba-au's forums. We have multiple skins. We had quite a bit of fun with the fruit salad skin
tongue.gif

mxmai

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i wouldn't mind different skins, but it's not up to me is it?

I mean, if the forum DOES get new skins, i'm not going to be the one that puts all the hard work into making it all work. So i don't think sitting here and saying "the layout of the site is boring" helps anybody.

/end rant.

-mxmai

Matsuyama

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
. . .

. . I think it's pointless. Personally I don't care what or how the forum looks like. I don't tend to post on forums based on color and looks. You should base it on the topics and the people.

. . I would say an Admin should step up and show someone how to actually make a skins so we can have something.

Jackal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would give the board a little more style to it. But as Matsuyama said, most people dont go on looks alone. I personally dont either, but it would look good i'd Say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4