= ???

gumshoe-thinking(a).gif

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you hear the news? A beautiful woman was seen in *insert where you are here* "and your name is?" or "mind if I get the exclusive interview?" depending on your read of the dame.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you taste of horse, like your nan did ?

I am split as to whether to reply with something like
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/24/horse_oysters/

Or say that anybody that could talk my grandparents into bed does OK by me. That said having sat in an retirement home doing the computer fixing bit and watching the "please use a condom talk" going on down the hall (everybody concerned was trying desperately hard to keep a straight face) that is probably not a problem.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I am the KeyMaster.
Are you the Gatekeeper?

Leave it to Blaze to not "believe" in pick-up lines...

Damn right. When I was in school, there was one girl in my class called Lauren. Every morning the guys would come in with these ridiculous chatup lines, making her uncomfortable. I'd just say 'hey'. Had no interest in picking her up. End result is when she wanted to actually talk to someone, she came to me. Pickup lines are bullshit, they make the majority of girls I ask about it uncomfortable. Occasionally I will hear of something original, which didn't work but at least proved to be amusing (like the two lads who in perfect synchronicity did the Animaniacs 'Helloooooo Nurse' to my friend Amelia, which she at least found funny even if they still didn't get her number) but more often than not the answer is that they find it offensive, even degrading, being treated like an object. Maybe it's just me and my social group, I dunno.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn right. When I was in school, there was one girl in my class called Lauren. Every morning the guys would come in with these ridiculous chatup lines, making her uncomfortable. I'd just say 'hey'. Had no interest in picking her up. End result is when she wanted to actually talk to someone, she came to me. Pickup lines are bullshit, they make the majority of girls I ask about it uncomfortable. Occasionally I will hear of something original, which didn't work but at least proved to be amusing (like the two lads who in perfect synchronicity did the Animaniacs 'Helloooooo Nurse' to my friend Amelia, which she at least found funny even if they still didn't get her number) but more often than not the answer is that they find it offensive, even degrading, being treated like an object. Maybe it's just me and my social group, I dunno.
It's one thing to doubt the effectiveness of pick up lines (I'd never actually use one). It's another thing entirely to doubt their existence...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the attribute of quantum superposition? You're either interested in me or not, but I'm sure if I thought you were you're probably not.

You also don't seem to do anything when I observe you. Or suddenly you're on the other side of the room.

Hey, look! You're not there anymore; I suppose you do have a variable quantum state.

...oh.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Eeeyyyyy gurl, you can have anything off the pound saver menu, coz I think you're special.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs