GBAtemp Game Nights - join us on Friday for Mario Kart 8: Deluxe

WhlkCan.png

After the success of last week's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate session, we're back, and ready to host another fun group event! This week, we'll be playing Mario Kart 8: Deluxe. If you've ever wanted to seize sweet victory after destroying your fellow GBAtemp members with a blue shell, be sure to show up at 5 pm CT/10 pm GMT!

Just like last time, if you want to hang out in the Twitch chat, or participate by playing, there's a fun incentive of 20xp waiting for you! Just make sure you let staff know your GBAtemp username if your Twitch or Switch Online name is different, and leave a screenshot of you playing in a comment below!

When it's time, boot up Mario Kart 8: Deluxe and add the following friend code, in order to jump into the lobby: SW-3018-5941-3903

:arrow: Countdown Clock for other timezones
:arrow: Twitch Channel - GBAtempTV

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm down to play some Mario Kart. Might be a bit rusty but I'm sure it'll be fun anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(also finally a reasonable time for people who live in the GMT timezone) :D

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
its hard for me to avoid the items in this game, always get koncked out by red shell :/

That's very simple to avoid, though I'm not sharing this (probably well known) tip till this thing is over. ;o;

EDIT: Eh, what the heck. When you get a shell or banana, hold ZL or L to keep the item behind your kart, the red shell will destroy the item, but not your soul.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If those who play know the best shortcuts, I'm definitely beat. It's been a while.
Is funny, I never played every mario kart and the ones I did play, surely not enough to remember the tracks. So is just like playing a new game regardless. there is 20 courses exclusive to the game and the other half is from other mario kart games and I memorized none of them. :ninja:

Feel like my chances are better off in battle mode.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Smart steering actually makes 200c easier.

So yeah, this game handholding is a tad too much.

I still doubt that would help competitively with good players. And besides, that feature is for kids.

How long are you guys planning to play? Any chance that it will last longer than three hours?

I also want to know if you're expected to stay the whole time. I can't stay up for long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over