GBAtemp Community Roundup #2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Opium, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009

GBAtemp Community Roundup #2 by Opium at 3:58 PM (2,184 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    GBAtemp Community Roundup #2
    Latest news from the forums
    [​IMG]

It's time again for another roundup of the latest news and tidbits from the murky depths of the GBAtemp forum. Take a look at what the talented GBAtemp community (that's you!) has been up to lately.

Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver translations
    Several GBAtemp members have been hard at work on English translation patches for the latest Pokemon games. Each project has different parts of the game translated with some focusing on just the menus and others on story translation.
    The first major translation project was Raqib12's patch which is no longer in development. Although it isn't being worked on anymore the patch translates many of the menus and includes an English title screen.
    However for those looking for the most up to date patch with nearly all the menus translated and work beginning on the dialog I suggest Kazo's patch. Many forum goers have switched to Kazo's patch since Raqib12 stopped developing his.
    A german language patch is also being worked on so be sure to check that out as well as two as of yet unreleased translation patches. The first is Magnius's patch which focuses on translating the story and the second is PaperMagician's story patch which hopes to use google translation to automatically translate the entire game into Engrish. Should be fun!

[​IMG] Raqib12's Patch (no longer in development)
    [​IMG] Kazo's Patch (the most up to date patch)
    [​IMG] German Patch
    [​IMG] Magnius's Patch (not yet released)
    [​IMG] PaperMagician's Patch (not yet released)

Dingoo A320 unofficial review
    An unofficial review of the handheld game and media device, the Dingoo A320, was posted earlier this month by p1ngpong. This excellent review tests out the powerful A320 device which is similar to a Gameboy Micro in design and can emulate many systems including GBA, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive, NES and NeoGeo. An official GBAtemp review of the handheld is also coming up in the not too distant future. Check out p1ngpong's review below.

[​IMG] Dingoo A320 unofficial review

Guide to replace your Pokemon Gold & Silver cartridge battery
    Big Kong Boss has posted a very useful guide for those itching to play their old GB Pokemon Gold & Silver games but can't because their save battery has run flat. The comprehensive guide shows you how to replace the battery in the cartridge and get you back on your way to reliving your childhood days.

[​IMG] Pokemon battery fix

AKAIO 1.5 Released
    After a long and secretive wait GBAtemp's Normmatt and Smiths have released version 1.5 of their custom firmware for the Acekard 2. The latest version of Acekard all-in-one fixes a staggering list of games, fixes the soft reset bug, Wii connectivity and a host of other tweaks. Check out the release thread to discuss it or download it from our download database.

[​IMG] AKAIO 1.5 release thread
    [​IMG] Download

Latest user submitted news
    GBAtemp encourages users to post news they think is important for the community in our user submitted news section. You can check out all the latest user news for yourself by clicking on 'News' in the latest discussions box on the right hand side of the portal. Here is a selection of news gathered by our fine members:

[​IMG] Tsumuji DS (Zelda-like) announced by EA Japan
    [​IMG] Rooster Hat Contest!
    [​IMG] Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers boxart revealed!
    [​IMG] RUMOUR Dreamcast Games Coming to PSN?
    [​IMG] Latest Nintendo Power Scores
    [​IMG] Wii HD Coming in 2011?
    [​IMG] Wii price cut confirmed, Finally

[​IMG] Submit your own news!

GBAtemp Tempcast #22
    The crazy Tempcast crew released episode 22 for your listening pleasure. So what are you waiting for? Plug in and join VVoltz, Spikey and Hadrian as they discuss all things GBAtemp.

[​IMG] Tempcast #22

Adverts on GBAtemp + server improvements
    You may not be aware but GBAtemp has started a trial of Google Adsense ads across the portal and forums. One of the reasons our members might not have noticed is because the ads are only viewable by guests. Members who register for the forums will see no ads at all except for the list of affiliates on the portal.
    The decision to include ads on GBAtemp wasn't an easy one. The simple fact of the matter is, the site isn't cheap to run. You may have noticed to website slowed to a crawl during the big releases like Pokemon and Mario & Luigi 3 and our server has been taking a battering for quite a while. Costello has worked his magic and tweaked the site to speed it up for now, but we still need to upgrade our hosting hardware. To help create a better GBAtemp experience for everyone we are trialing these ads. Remember if you sign up to the site (free registration) you wont be affect at all. I hope you all understand. For more detailed information check out shaunj66's blog post about the subject.

[​IMG] shaunj66's blog

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Why is raqib not developing his patch now? [​IMG]

3. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Because someone combined his patch and Kazo's patch together in one patch and put a download link up on the forums against his will. Evidently both him and Kazo want to work separately and don't want their work combined. The whole thing smacks of melodrama. As is so evident here on the internet, everyone loves a good soap opera.

Kazo is still developing his patch though.

4. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Sweet, I have 2 threads of mine in there! [​IMG]

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I enjoy reading the roundups. Good job Opium.

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Great stuff....the last one was when Wii 4.0 came out right ?

anyway great work i missed out some things due to the fact that temp was dying on me [​IMG]

great work Opium [​IMG]

7. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the post, I found a few things I'd missed over the week.

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Um, the PaperMagician patch might not be released, in that case, I'm making one.

9. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

thanks for the round up mate, this is the kind of things I enjoy reading most as I can't spend as much time as I would reading topics [​IMG]

10. Big Kong Boss

Member Big Kong Boss GBAtemp Fan

Korea, South
    Cool, a mention of the guide I posted!

11. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Couldn't agree more!
    Especially nice to see the several translation patches of SoulSilver and HeartGold summarized, very handy.

12. weladyeme

Newcomer weladyeme Newbie

Community Spirit Award

Vote for the member who has made the greatest contribution to Community Spirit within the Forums over the last 12 months.