Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
GBAtemp Community Roundup #2
Latest news from the forums
gbatemp-forum-roundup.jpg

It's time again for another roundup of the latest news and tidbits from the murky depths of the GBAtemp forum. Take a look at what the talented GBAtemp community (that's you!) has been up to lately.

Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver translations
Several GBAtemp members have been hard at work on English translation patches for the latest Pokemon games. Each project has different parts of the game translated with some focusing on just the menus and others on story translation.
The first major translation project was Raqib12's patch which is no longer in development. Although it isn't being worked on anymore the patch translates many of the menus and includes an English title screen.
However for those looking for the most up to date patch with nearly all the menus translated and work beginning on the dialog I suggest Kazo's patch. Many forum goers have switched to Kazo's patch since Raqib12 stopped developing his.
A german language patch is also being worked on so be sure to check that out as well as two as of yet unreleased translation patches. The first is Magnius's patch which focuses on translating the story and the second is PaperMagician's story patch which hopes to use google translation to automatically translate the entire game into Engrish. Should be fun!

icon11.gif
Raqib12's Patch (no longer in development)
icon11.gif
Kazo's Patch (the most up to date patch)
icon11.gif
German Patch
icon11.gif
Magnius's Patch (not yet released)
icon11.gif
PaperMagician's Patch (not yet released)

Dingoo A320 unofficial review
An unofficial review of the handheld game and media device, the Dingoo A320, was posted earlier this month by p1ngpong. This excellent review tests out the powerful A320 device which is similar to a Gameboy Micro in design and can emulate many systems including GBA, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive, NES and NeoGeo. An official GBAtemp review of the handheld is also coming up in the not too distant future. Check out p1ngpong's review below.

icon11.gif
Dingoo A320 unofficial review

Guide to replace your Pokemon Gold & Silver cartridge battery
Big Kong Boss has posted a very useful guide for those itching to play their old GB Pokemon Gold & Silver games but can't because their save battery has run flat. The comprehensive guide shows you how to replace the battery in the cartridge and get you back on your way to reliving your childhood days.

icon11.gif
Pokemon battery fix

AKAIO 1.5 Released
After a long and secretive wait GBAtemp's Normmatt and Smiths have released version 1.5 of their custom firmware for the Acekard 2. The latest version of Acekard all-in-one fixes a staggering list of games, fixes the soft reset bug, Wii connectivity and a host of other tweaks. Check out the release thread to discuss it or download it from our download database.

icon11.gif
AKAIO 1.5 release thread
download.gif
 Download

Latest user submitted news
GBAtemp encourages users to post news they think is important for the community in our user submitted news section. You can check out all the latest user news for yourself by clicking on 'News' in the latest discussions box on the right hand side of the portal. Here is a selection of news gathered by our fine members:

icon11.gif
Tsumuji DS (Zelda-like) announced by EA Japan
icon11.gif
Rooster Hat Contest!
icon11.gif
Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers boxart revealed!
icon11.gif
RUMOUR Dreamcast Games Coming to PSN?
icon11.gif
Latest Nintendo Power Scores
icon11.gif
Wii HD Coming in 2011?
icon11.gif
Wii price cut confirmed, Finally

icon11.gif
Submit your own news!

GBAtemp Tempcast #22
The crazy Tempcast crew released episode 22 for your listening pleasure. So what are you waiting for? Plug in and join VVoltz, Spikey and Hadrian as they discuss all things GBAtemp.

icon11.gif
Tempcast #22

Adverts on GBAtemp + server improvements
You may not be aware but GBAtemp has started a trial of Google Adsense ads across the portal and forums. One of the reasons our members might not have noticed is because the ads are only viewable by guests. Members who register for the forums will see no ads at all except for the list of affiliates on the portal.
The decision to include ads on GBAtemp wasn't an easy one. The simple fact of the matter is, the site isn't cheap to run. You may have noticed to website slowed to a crawl during the big releases like Pokemon and Mario & Luigi 3 and our server has been taking a battering for quite a while. Costello has worked his magic and tweaked the site to speed it up for now, but we still need to upgrade our hosting hardware. To help create a better GBAtemp experience for everyone we are trialing these ads. Remember if you sign up to the site (free registration) you wont be affect at all. I hope you all understand. For more detailed information check out shaunj66's blog post about the subject.

icon11.gif
 shaunj66's blog

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
rockstar99 said:
Why is raqib not developing his patch now?
frown.gif

Because someone combined his patch and Kazo's patch together in one patch and put a download link up on the forums against his will. Evidently both him and Kazo want to work separately and don't want their work combined. The whole thing smacks of melodrama. As is so evident here on the internet, everyone loves a good soap opera.

Kazo is still developing his patch though.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great stuff....the last one was when Wii 4.0 came out right ?

anyway great work i missed out some things due to the fact that temp was dying on me
frown.gif

great work Opium
yay.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
thanks for the round up mate, this is the kind of things I enjoy reading most as I can't spend as much time as I would reading topics
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o