Homebrew GBARunner2

Glissandie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a resolution for Crash Bandicoot - The Huge Adventure? I can launch it, but it stops on the beginning Copyright paragraph and has a buzzing sound.

Bluecircle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shining souls 2 - is saving working yet in gbarunner2? Was going nuts until I read the wiki stating saving was broken and something about using arm9. No idea how to do that. I'm fairly new to this. Thanks.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Are there any active forks of this still getting compatibility improvements? Seems the OP stopped working on it two years ago.
The last development that I know of was the DSP-hicode merge
Gericom wants to come back to GBARunner2 at some point in some fashion (possibly a rewrite) though

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just by curiosity before i make the install, GBARunner2's folders and save system can co-exist with GBAExploader on the same SD card ?

I use both on two different sd and I'd like to know if someone has already tested the both installed on the same sd card because I'd like to use my EZflash 3in1 for big gba games and GBARunner2 for the smaller ones.

Thx in advance.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just by curiosity before i make the install, GBARunner2's folders and save system can co-exist with GBAExploader on the same SD card ?

I use both on two different sd and I'd like to know if someone has already tested the both installed on the same sd card because I'd like to use my EZflash 3in1 for big gba games and GBARunner2 for the smaller ones.

Thx in advance.
I'm not familiar with how gbaexploader works, but gbarunner2 can have its ROMs in any folder except for "_gba" and "_nds". The preferred folder for gbarunner2 is "gba" or "GBA" on root of the sd card. But this is really only if you don't run gbarunner2 with twilightmenu++, in which case the rom selection will start in the "gba" folder if present.

I wouldn't expect saves to be compatible between gbaexploader and gbarunner2, so as long as you don't try to run the same games in the same folders you should be fine. I might be wrong though. Iirc gbarunner2 saves should be compatible with mgba fwiw.

Reactions: Indy13 and Tarmfot

hb-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Gericom
I'm using your build of gbarunner2 (with wifi linking).
I entered the mac addresses for both master and slave in the ini file. Next enabled linking in game, but I cannot get the wifi linking to work at all. Could you please help me reslove this issue. BTW I'm using 2 dsi consoles.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gericom
I'm using your build of gbarunner2 (with wifi linking).
I entered the mac addresses for both master and slave in the ini file. Next enabled linking in game, but I cannot get the wifi linking to work at all. Could you please help me reslove this issue. BTW I'm using 2 dsi consoles.
Which game are you trying? It only works in certain games.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not familiar with how gbaexploader works, but gbarunner2 can have its ROMs in any folder except for "_gba" and "_nds". The preferred folder for gbarunner2 is "gba" or "GBA" on root of the sd card. But this is really only if you don't run gbarunner2 with twilightmenu++, in which case the rom selection will start in the "gba" folder if present.

I wouldn't expect saves to be compatible between gbaexploader and gbarunner2, so as long as you don't try to run the same games in the same folders you should be fine. I might be wrong though. Iirc gbarunner2 saves should be compatible with mgba fwiw.
Thank you for your answer @Zense Indeed, this directory story at the root of the sd card is the reason that leads me to ask the question because GBAExploader also uses a directory named GBA which is also placed at the root, for the moment, I placed all my GBA games for GBARunner2 in a folder named GBAR2 so normally there shouldn't be any confusion but besides that (and I had the concern a long time ago), on some old Wood R4 which allowed to play GBA games without installing GBAExploader if I installed GBAExploader in addition this could cause a "ghost games" problem (the games were no longer recognized) because of a backup incompatibility problem if I remember good. And I don't know if it's the same with GBARunner2. I will therefore do the test by mounting the two (GBARunner2 and GBAExploader) on a small sd card and I will see the result.

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"