Homebrew GBARunner2

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As mentioned earlier, there's the NSUI program used for making 3DS GBA VC injects that might be able to patch your rom savetype but I'm not sure how easy it would be. You'd probably need to unpack the forwarder you get with some program like GabrieloRomToolsGui in order to get the ROM afterwards.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As mentioned earlier, there's the NSUI program used for making 3DS GBA VC injects that might be able to patch your rom savetype but I'm not sure how easy it would be. You'd probably need to unpack the forwarder you get with some program like GabrieloRomToolsGui in order to get the ROM afterwards.
sounds complicated, are there instructions I can follow?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
okay, that did in fact work. no issues saving with a gba vc of lost age.
So you're saying you extracted the sram patched rom from the .cia that nsui made and saving worked with gs2?

EDIT: If it did then providing an xdelta patch of that new rom should be easy so that people only need to apply that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't patch anything. I had made a cia of all gba games I owned. golden sun the lost age was one of them. it has no problems saving.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't patch anything. I had made a cia of all gba games I owned. golden sun the lost age was one of them. it has no problems saving.
In other words, you extracted the ROM from your gs:tla .cia and used it with gbarunner2 and saving worked? Because it's not clear if you did that or if you just installed the cia and tested it with agb_firm.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no, I'm talking about a vc version of the game. that's what I thought you were talking about.
I'm talking about taking that .cia, unpacking it with a tool like GabrieloRomToolsGui, and grabbing the gs:tla rom from the unpacked files, and running that with gbarunner2 to see if saving works.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have the cia. it's installed on my system. that app is very easy to use though.
Haha I see. Well then you only confirmed that saving works for gs:tla when played with agb_firm, which is the 3DS' native GBA mode, which doesn't exist on DSis, and has nothing to do with gbarunner2.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do I do with it though? Once downloaded?
I just had a look at it myself and there's no option for sram patching, so the nsui way is out of the question. Do you have a 3DS? If yes then you can use NSUI to create a gba forwarder and gs:tla will work as on a gba, or you can use open_agb_firm, these are however unrelated to gbarunner2 and it would be better to ask about them in their respective places on this forum, in the 3ds part.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then just use the normal cart, and dump the save when you think it's adequate. I know this is possible on the ds at least. there's a gba rom and save dumper for that. it should work on the ds. I also got all saves to work on the dstwo.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes I do have a 3DS
Ok, so if you have CFW on your 3DS then it is recommended to use either NSUI to make a .cia to use the native gba mode of your 3DS, or use open_agb_firm. Again, these are unreleated to gbarunner2 and you should ask about for help with them elsewhere.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then just use the normal cart, and dump the save when you think it's adequate. I know this is possible on the ds at least. there's a gba rom and save dumper for that. it should work on the ds. I also got all saves to work on the dstwo.
I don't have the original gs2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.