Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just tried that. still nothing. Maybe ill just have to save up and get the DSTwo. Thanks for the help though man
The DS two will make your battery die very very fast each time you use it...
If with normal R4 your battery lasts 6 hours, with DS two it will last 2.5 - 3 hours.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i tried the most recent one. Ill find and try the other one. it may wait till i get back from cali though.
Aha, there's the issue. The newest version (beta1 fix1 iirc) is broken because of new, unfinished sound code that interferes with the emulation of other parts of the system. Older versions don't have this problem, and work much better.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aplpha 2 fix 4. I don't know what acekard2i firmware
I'm also using a Dsi
Using a dsi doesn't matter. My friend uses this on a 3ds with an wood r4i gold card from r4ids.cn which is a clone of the ak2i card.
The easist way to fix any issues with the r4i gold for me is to format the card with the Panasonic SD formatter software with the full(overwrite) option, doing this format fixed the ability to load Pokemon black/white 2 and golden sun dark dawn on an 8gb filesystem different filesystem sizes have different glitches I find. My 16gb mSD didn't have the same issue as the 8gb but with konami classic arcade collection I had to turn off rts function in the game settings for it to boot before formatting my 16gb card with the software also I would say update your firmware from ak2i website or http://www.filetrip.net/

Itachi.Brando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a very good project!
I hope it will improve with time to be able to play further games.
Thank you ichichfly.
I just have one question,is it possible to get a fix for Rhythm Tengoku? It works perfectly fine except for the sound (it makes weird noises lol),and a fix for Wario Land would be great.

Just take your time with releases and updating the software so that it could be further improved =)
It's too much appreciated,really!

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This is a very good project!
I hope it will improve with time to be able to play further games.
Thank you ichichfly.
I just have one question,is it possible to get a fix for Rhythm Tengoku? It works perfectly fine except for the sound (it makes weird noises lol),and a fix for Wario Land would be great.

Just take your time with releases and updating the software so that it could be further improved =)
It's too much appreciated,really!

I don't think you really mean what you are saying when you say "take your time".
Ichifly is in other proyect now, and is in-need of a program that can run ds homebrews on pc(correct me if i am wrong), and therefore, this proyect is paused.
So yeah, no stable gbaemu for a near future...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you really mean what you are saying when you say "take your time".
Ichifly is in other proyect now, and is in-need of a program that can run ds homebrews on pc(correct me if i am wrong), and therefore, this proyect is paused.
So yeah, no stable gbaemu for a near future...
Well, he needs either an emulator capable of running this emulator, or a person with sharp eyes and ASM skill. There's a showstopping bug in his new code.

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well, he needs either an emulator capable of running this emulator, or a person with sharp eyes and ASM skill. There's a showstopping bug in his new code.

When you say an emulator capable of running this emulator, you mean a program that can run this emulator exactly how a DS would?

If so, why not just use a normal DS?

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you say an emulator capable of running this emulator, you mean a program that can run this emulator exactly how a DS would?

If so, why not just use a normal DS?
because I have to debug the hyper visor that is real hard on the real DS so for that bug as it corrupt every register. I can't debug that so I want to list all instruction the emulator dose that should help find the bug

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
because I have to debug the hyper visor that is real hard on the real DS so for that bug as it corrupt every register. I can't debug that so I want to list all instruction the emulator dose that should help find the bug
What about using no$gba or desmume they both have debugging options

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully compiled hbmenu.
Whenever I try to boot up the emulator, I get a message that says: incorrect setup.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to work.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drenn if you need an emulator that has DLDI support I know that Ideas has DLDI support it's the only DS emulator that will boot DSlinux as long as it's patched with an R4 DLDI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy