GBA games on NDS screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kikkeli, Feb 28, 2009.

Feb 28, 2009

GBA games on NDS screen by kikkeli at 1:02 PM (1,300 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. kikkeli
    OP

Newcomer kikkeli Newbie

Barbados
    Is there anyway to stretch the GBA screen on the NDS so it would fill the whole picture or get some borders around it or something? I know this is a rather minor issue, but just wondering if there's something you could do about it ? Using 3-1 solution here..

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You cannot stretch the screen to use the extra resolution because once you're in GBA mode the game will not be able to see anything outside the 240x160 screen it's given. However, if you pre-load a border into the right location in memory you can keep it there as you launch a GBA game. BootGBA is one old example, but I do know there are more modern methods out there that let you specify your own image to use as a border.

3. triften

Newcomer triften Advanced Member

United States
    On the same topic here, is it possible to use a frame if you boot GBA games natively from the EZ-Flash kernel? If so, where does the bitmap image go?

And please don't suggest GBA ExpLoader. I gave up on that buggy garbage a while ago. [​IMG] EZ-Flash is great, I just need a frame!

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    GBA ExpLoader garbage? its the ezflash kernel thats garbage

5. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Diplomacy 101; try not to call the most popular solution garbage.

6. kikkeli
    OP

Newcomer kikkeli Newbie

Barbados
    Cheers, was able to package the gba game to a nds file with a custom border using NDStation.

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    That will only work with the oldest versions of the 3in1, so if you bought yours in the past year or so you'll have to use GBA ExpLoader instead.

8. kikkeli
    OP

Newcomer kikkeli Newbie

Barbados
    I was actually pretty surprised that it worked, since I purchased my 3in1 quite recently [​IMG] Anyway, it's a pretty cool program if it works for you.