1. Krustentier7

OP Krustentier7 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    The original resolution mode is one of my favorite features on the 3DS; the XL in particular is large enough that you can play most games in a window size that's very close to how they were originally meant to be viewed. One important aspect of this is the border around the game screen; for Game Boy games, it looks like you're playing on a grey OG Game Boy, Game Gear titles get their own borders too, etc.

GBA games though? For those we have to contend with just a black background framing the action. I know this is due to these games actually running in DS mode, but I'm wondering: how difficult would it be to add a Virtual Console-style frame to GBA Injects? As far as I'm aware, similar things have been achieved on the original DS for GBA games, so it should technically be possible here.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Well, AGB_FIRM would have to be RE'd.
    Same for TWL_FIRM, since I would like to have a DS frame for DS(i) games.

TheLegendofMario likes this.
  3. Krustentier7

OP Krustentier7 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    What does RE'd mean in this instance? I'm sorry, I'm not very well versed in hacking lol

I do have some grasp of what AGB and TWL_FIRM are though.

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    RE'd = Reverse Engineered

5. sodoguy

sodoguy Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Sorry for replying to such an old thread, but now that @Sono 's TWPatch is a thing, has anyone bothered to check if it's possible? I really hate the bad scaling, and the black borders make the screen look smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Injects, frame,