Homebrew GBA frame for VC Injects?

Krustentier7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The original resolution mode is one of my favorite features on the 3DS; the XL in particular is large enough that you can play most games in a window size that's very close to how they were originally meant to be viewed. One important aspect of this is the border around the game screen; for Game Boy games, it looks like you're playing on a grey OG Game Boy, Game Gear titles get their own borders too, etc.

GBA games though? For those we have to contend with just a black background framing the action. I know this is due to these games actually running in DS mode, but I'm wondering: how difficult would it be to add a Virtual Console-style frame to GBA Injects? As far as I'm aware, similar things have been achieved on the original DS for GBA games, so it should technically be possible here.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Krustentier7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, AGB_FIRM would have to be RE'd.
Same for TWL_FIRM, since I would like to have a DS frame for DS(i) games.

What does RE'd mean in this instance? I'm sorry, I'm not very well versed in hacking lol

I do have some grasp of what AGB and TWL_FIRM are though.

sodoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for replying to such an old thread, but now that @Sono 's TWPatch is a thing, has anyone bothered to check if it's possible? I really hate the bad scaling, and the black borders make the screen look smaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-