GBA emu with a DSi XL and a SCDS2

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Dead Ghost, Jun 16, 2010.

Jun 16, 2010
  1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I know that all GBA emu games have a black border on the DS. But with the increased size of the DSi XL screens, the actual GBA game screen on the DSi XL should be bigger than on the DSi (even with the black borders), right? How bigger? [​IMG]

If anyone has a DSi XL and SCDS2, care to post some pics with a GBA game running? Please? [​IMG]

2. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't personally have a DSiXL but I was talking to someone that did as well as a SCDSTWO and they look bigger but the black border is also thicker. I don't have any pictures so I don't know what it looks like personally.

3. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I sold my DSi to buy my XL... so I can't put them side by side but it's definitely bigger than a DSi screen.
    It's also not as pixelated as it looks, that's just my camera being shitty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. creativ

Member creativ GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    here is my screen
    [​IMG]

5. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can't you have a border around the GBA screen? I know you can do this loading from Slot-2, so I see no reason for it not to work via emulation.

PS Do either of you guys (who posted pics of XL) have backlight bleeding (on either screen) or improperly/overly glued screen cover (on top screen)?

6. dhjohn

Member dhjohn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The emulator does not support gba borders, but there is no reason supercard could not add it (I hope they do. Everyone that wants it should contact them. I assume through the supercard forum's admin?).

7. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've got some backlight bleeding on the touch screen (seems to be common in all DSi XLs) and screen protectors on both screens.
    I'm rather proud of how well I applied my top screen protector, can't say the same for the bottom [​IMG]

8. Overwhelming

Member Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    XL's screen resolution is the same as the DSi, so the GBA screen will just be proportionally larger in this handheld console.

9. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sorry. I didn't mean screen protector. On the top screen there is a replaceable plastic "cover" over the actual screen. That is what I meant. Mine has glue squished out and dried around it. I actually dulled the matte finish around the top screen trying to get rid of it.

As for the lack of a GBA border: SC Team didn't develop the GBA emulator. Isn't it a port of the emulator on the iPlayer? Wouldn't the original dev(s) have to add it in?

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    If the SC team can't add anything to the GBA emulator, then explain the last few GBA emulator updates.

11. dhjohn

Member dhjohn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They have made changes to it (new ui from what I understand, and we are on the 2nd revision released) so they must have the source code to work with.

12. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    People have speculated that DarkChen is actually part of the Supercard Team since he is the only one with the SDK for iPlayer and source for NDSGBA, it's pretty obvious that the Supercard team was behind the iPlayer and NDSGBA

Edit: Raing3 points this out in his Supercard DSTWO: GBA Emulator Details thread