ShrekDTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

i bought a GBA an moded it with an ags 101 screen, bought on ebay. Also i use a ez flash omega. Sadly the battery life is very bad, only 2 - 3 hours with new AA batteries. Did someone have the same problem? Sometimes i heard, that the battery inside the ez flash could be empty, and thats the reason why the AAs gor sucked to death.

best regards
ShrekDTH

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

i bought a GBA an moded it with an ags 101 screen, bought on ebay. Also i use a ez flash omega. Sadly the battery life is very bad, only 2 - 3 hours with new AA batteries. Did someone have the same problem? Sometimes i heard, that the battery inside the ez flash could be empty, and thats the reason why the AAs gor sucked to death.

best regards
ShrekDTH
first of all: The internal battery of the card does not influence the battery runtime of the GBA.

second
The EZ-Flash Omega is a little bit power hungry compared to other flashcards and particularly original cards. It's expected to have a lower runtime compared to original cards. However, 2-3 hours sounds very low, i'd expect about double that runtime. There could be a few reasons as to why you have such a low runtime.
- are you using alkaline batteries or rechargable batteries?
- what brand are they? If they are rechargable, what capacity (mAh) do they have?
- can you try running an original card and see how long your GBA lasts with that?

Last edited by Localhorst86,

ShrekDTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i use alkaline batteries from a local discounter called Aldi (germany). I think they not as good as duracel or energizer, but ok. I have a gb cartridge i want to test it out and give you some feedback later. At this point thanks anyway for your help.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i use alkaline batteries from a local discounter called Aldi (germany). I think they not as good as duracel or energizer, but ok. I have a gb cartridge i want to test it out and give you some feedback later. At this point thanks anyway for your help.
a comparison with a GBA cartridge would be prefered since the GB(C) mode on the GBA uses different hardware and voltage levels. Either way, while the Aldi batteries aren't particularly bad, I'd recommend trying some good brand alkalines like duracell or energizer and see if that makes a difference.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i heard, that the battery inside the ez flash could be empty, and thats the reason why the AAs gor sucked to death.
no no no that's a misconception.
the battery inside is not used like that in any card or device that has a little coin battery
the battery inside the cards are only for 2 reasons:
keep the clock counting time when the device is turned off (and depending how its wired\built in some cases to keep the clock working even when the device is on)
keeping stuff in the memory (like settings in some devices or saves in the case of most flashcarts)
like in your pc, it has ram, if you turn off the computer the ram gets empty (it needs constant power to keep the data),
flashcarts (not the omega tough, omega just uses the battery for the clock) use this coin battery to keep the save data while the game boy is turned off (when battery gets empty the contents in that volatile memory is lost)

ShrekDTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, i ordered now everActive mignon batteries from amazon. According to a test report, these should be very good.

Drumaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a GBA 101 and I'm getting around 15hrs, before the LED goes red, using Duracell Duralock 2500mah rechargebles.
15hrs with Duracell 2500mAh AND Omega?? Wow, as soon as I receive my AGB-101, I will try my Duracell 2500mAh as well (I have the same ones). That's great, as I only get 4hrs with my GBA Micro until it completely turns off, with a fresh new battery.

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
15hrs with Duracell 2500mAh AND Omega?? Wow, as soon as I receive my AGB-101, I will try my Duracell 2500mAh as well (I have the same ones). That's great, as I only get 4hrs with my GBA Micro until it completely turns off, with a fresh new battery.

15h with flashcard? I don't think that's possible.

Sorry, I should've been clearer in my last comment. There was some talk about testing with GBA/GB(C) carts, in posts 2 and 4, so I what I should've said is "I'm getting around 15hrs with original carts". Sadly I don't own an EZ Flash Omega, otherwise I'd love to report back on my results :D

EDIT: added quotes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu