Hacking Gateway's Exploit -> Can we run Smea's NinjHax on it?

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, this should be possible. As said before someone would have to turn the savegame exploit into a launcher.dat. This would mean people don't need to buy anything to run homebrew witch would be awesome!

Wow that sounds incredibly easy, let me open notepad and code it. Be back in 2 minutes

Reactions: ubergeek77

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if we can run Smealum's NinjHax Homebrew Launcher with Gateway's Exploit?
If yes, we don't need Cubic Ninja anymore.

Yes, you can run ninjhax with a gateway. Just use your gateway to launch a rom of the cubic ninja game.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you want that if you already have the ability to run homebrew with gateway? but if this interests you Smea said in one of his tweets yesterday that now it might be the time for NinjaHax to go opensource .
j6mEJ7E.jpg

... which is an example of how competition from Gateway benefits us all.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've seen a confirmation for this.

Anyone care to comment?

I havent seen one either. But as NinjHax only supports upto fw 9.2 then those with emuNands on 9.4 wont be able to run it, my 2 cents. When N3DS XL GW hits i'll dump my cart and give it a test.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent seen one either. But as NinjHax only supports upto fw 9.2 then those with emuNands on 9.4 wont be able to run it, my 2 cents. When N3DS XL GW hits i'll dump my cart and give it a test.

I understand completely if CN running from a .3ds dump (as in, retail cart mode) doesn't work, but I don't see at all why we can't install a .cia and run it through there. As smealum has already said, the eshop version of CN works just the same.

So I want to know if a .cia will work, specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated