Hacking Gateway's Exploit -> Can we run Smea's NinjHax on it?

D

Deleted User

maybe soon ... gw uses the same stage 2 exploit as ninjhax... so they copied it from it...
smea thinks about releasing the source since his exploit is being used in gw anyway...

if he releases the source maybe it can be adapted to a mii qr code somehow :o

Reactions: Idaho

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Isn't all the Ninjahax stuff doable on gateway already?
yes, but the point of this is doing it the other way round:
use the browser exploit to run smeas homebrew launcher, eliminating the requirement for a certain 3ds card altogether (bye bye cubic ninja!).

desertwarior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
why would you want that if you already have the ability to run homebrew with gateway? but if this interests you Smea said in one of his tweets yesterday that now it might be the time for NinjaHax to go opensource .
j6mEJ7E.jpg

Reactions: MrJason005

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would require a rewrite from a saved game exploit to a "Launcher.dat" type hack, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, this should be possible. As said before someone would have to turn the savegame exploit into a launcher.dat. This would mean people don't need to buy anything to run homebrew witch would be awesome!

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about using this exploit to to launch emunand and cias without the damn gateway?

It took how long for a leak of a cfw that did this without gateway and it's still stuck on 4.5. I'm guessing that gateway didn't forget to obfuscate their launcher.dat this go around. So while it's possible, you're probably going to be waiting a while for someone with the skills to feel like doing it AND releasing it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It took how long for a leak of a cfw that did this without gateway and it's still stuck on 4.5. I'm guessing that gateway didn't forget to obfuscate their launcher.dat this go around. So while it's possible, you're probably going to be waiting a while for someone with the skills to feel like doing it AND releasing it.

don't forget to remove the brick code again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up