Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tbh I very much doubt gateway would just give out their address the guys are smart enough to hack the 3ds they are smart enough to not hand out info that could lead right to them, but seeing as the problem was their fault and retro fan had proof of postage and receipt to the address they provided, they should fully accept liability, and just give him a 3ds and gateway card, I'm sure they would have plenty of 3ds's at their disposal and gateway cards it would make very little difference to them

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vengenceonu makes rational and valid points, and you shrug it off and resort to personal attacks. Sorry but what Vengenceonu makes 100% sense and I agree with him.

If you call speculation and derailment rational and valid. You obviously went to the same school of argumentation as he did.

The point remains. He was told to send his 3DS in, he did just what he was told, and it never came back. Make as many excuses as you want, but that is the bottom line.

If you sweep it under the carpet, you are just as bad as Gateway.

Reactions: Nightwish
D

Deleted User

The point remains. He was told to send his 3DS in, he did just what he was told, and it never came back. Make as many excuses as you want, but that is the bottom line.

So your viewpoint is that limited, no wonder people can't have a rational discussion with you.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the same reason you have blind hatred.

Everyone knew the address they gave wasn't the final destination. It was a 50/50% risk just even considering sending them it in the first place. They aren't exactly legal so it's not like you can take them to court. If it was just 1 delivery stop, Nintendo could just trace it back to them and boom no more gateway. It was probably forwarded at least 3 times from customer to reseller to middle man to to middle man and THEN to Gateway (all through china so you know how long that could take).

Both possibilities could have happened:

A) Gateway got it, didn't care to send it back and kept it.

OR

B) It never reached them period. Who's to say their middle man "accidentally" forgot to forward it to them. Happens all the time.

As for the trust, besides retrofan_k and the one person he mentioned, no one else is complaining about stolen 3DS' even though I remember quite a few sent them bricked units (Devin included). No system is perfect. No offense but that's not enough to get your pitchfork and torches just yet. I believe retro got the short end of the stick no matter what happened though.
The only one I remember hearing about who actually got A 3DS back (not even his own, just some random other 3DS) was Devin, and he's a reviewer. If there's anyone they DON'T want to piss off it's reviewers.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Currently dealing with two lost packages in chinese mail (not piracy related). This does not surprise me in the least and it's not necessarily Gateway's fault.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Currently dealing with two lost packages in chinese mail (not piracy related). This does not surprise me in the least and it's not necessarily Gateway's fault.
as I said before, I'm sure gateway have plenty of 3ds's and a crap ton of gateway cards it's insulting to think that they wouldn't just accept they messed up and make good on it, It's not retrofan_k's fault that the clone cards where copying the gateway firmware, it's not his fault gateway balls up the code and bricked legit gateway users, it's not his fault gateway had him ship it to china, it's not his fault that it went missing in the post or someone who gateway trusted just stole it, the way I see it, is it's more gateways fault than retrofan_k's they should just man up and take the hit and move on and learn from it, they will be making enough money from the gateway cards as it is, the cost of a 3ds and gateway card to them would be insignificant

IMHO this is the last bit of the stigma of the brick code that should be resolved so then they could just go forward and forget about the whole mess

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
as I said before, I'm sure gateway have plenty of 3ds's and a crap ton of gateway cards it's insulting to think that they wouldn't just accept they messed up and make good on it, It's not retrofan_k's fault that the clone cards where copying the gateway firmware, it's not his fault gateway balls up the code and bricked legit gateway users, it's not his fault gateway had him ship it to china, it's not his fault that it went missing in the post or someone who gateway trusted just stole it, the way I see it, is it's more gateways fault than retrofan_k's they should just man up and take the hit and move on and learn from it, they will be making enough money from the gateway cards as it is, the cost of a 3ds and gateway card to them would be insignificant

IMHO this is the last bit of the stigma of the brick code that should be resolved so then they could just go forward and forget about the whole mess

Thanks for that Gamesquest1, which has been exactly my point this whole time since all this mess started. If they had the decency to man up to it all then I'll be grateful and bury the hatchet and people can speculate all they want on whether the package was lost or not, yet that is their choice to believe that.

As far as I'm concerned the package was delivered and signed for in Hong Kong by a " MS S WAN", which looks like a Chinese name to me, which (could be the woman with the red nail varnish in the videos:)) lol, so I kept my part of the deal but they did not keep their part on the promise of a fix or a new console.

They had proof of the purchase from the re-seller receipt , proof of postage, including customs declarations, Tracking ID from the moment it left the UK, legit NAND backup before the brick occurred, included on the SD card and also emailed to them separately. As gamesquests1 says they have plenty of stock of 3ds's and flash carts, so its not like they are losing out on money, so basically I have been slapped in the face by a wet kipper.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On topic, I just saw this post on wololo.net...

I’m not for the 3ds flash cards after having a gateway 3ds and having it brick my 3ds xl and then sending it to gateway to have it fixed then they tell me that I was using a lancher.dat that wasn’t supported. I was a beta tester for them I was using 2.0 beta for two months before it was released now HTF was I using a unsupported lancher. They sent my 3ds back bricked and unfixed so I ended up unbricking myself thanks to gbatemp.net and all there hard work

Well, at least he got his back, just not fixed...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmmm well seeing as there is no way to contact gateway now, i decided to send a message to garyopa seeing as he apparently has contact with them still to ask what was going on with retrofan_k's 3DS, not had any message back.....although i wasnt expecting much anyway

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Below was my last message to GaryOPA back in March 2014, which I mentioned 3 emails below, yet the total was 7 sent to Gateway afterwards, April-May 2014. I then gave up, as Gateway and GaryOPA completely ignored me.

Hi,

I was just going to message you tonight and just saw your PM. No, I have still not heard nothing and I have sent at least 3 separate emails since I last PM'd you. I just sent one tonight also.

Was going to say, since they have officially released Omega to the public. I'd expect them to respond to emails because, as you can imagine I feel left in the dark and just want to get my console back and move on because its been too long and everyone is now enjoying 2.1 final now.

If you could chase it up and see what is happening will be appreciated.

Thanks

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Below was my last message to GaryOPA back in March 2014, which I mentioned 3 emails below, yet the total was 7 sent to Gateway afterwards, April-May 2014. I then gave up, as Gateway and GaryOPA completely ignored me.

Hi,

I was just going to message you tonight and just saw your PM. No, I have still not heard nothing and I have sent at least 3 separate emails since I last PM'd you. I just sent one tonight also.

Was going to say, since they have officially released Omega to the public. I'd expect them to respond to emails because, as you can imagine I feel left in the dark and just want to get my console back and move on because its been too long and everyone is now enjoying 2.1 final now.

If you could chase it up and see what is happening will be appreciated.

Thanks

This is why people should not trust anything that GaryOPA punk or Gateway twats has to say, they simply cannot be trusted to keep their promises. I'm sorry you have to go through that, it sucks and I wish I could do something to help you :(

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo