Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

1/01/2014
We wish a happy new year to all Gateway users around the world. 2014 will be a great year for us with a lot of things to come!

We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Back up your own game cartridges and create your own ROMs
- Nand based titles compatibility
- Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
- New real time save system

Note: User feedback for GW2.0b2 has been overwhelmingly positive. The absolute stability of our beta menu system was an important milestone for us prior to pushing out the FPGA update required for some of the new features.

Happy New Year! We will be back soon with our new firmware.
Nice. Prior to the new year was a bit of an arbitrary deadline anyway. Especially considering that 2.0 has pretty much every feature I could ask for in a flash cart from the sounds of it.

Inb4 mass whining due to a delay of a week or less regardless.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice. Prior to the new year was a bit of an arbitrary deadline anyway. Especially considering that 2.0 has pretty much every feature I could ask for in a flash cart from the sounds of it.

Inb4 mass whining due to a delay of a week or less regardless.

Already happened. You should check the other thread, someone has just stared raging.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How in the world are they going to manage this? Are they going to have an extra "dump cartige" option in the launcher menu next to "backup nand"?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

1/01/2014
We wish a happy new year to all Gateway users around the world. 2014 will be a great year for us with a lot of things to come!

We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Nand based titles compatibility
- Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
- New real time save system

Note: User feedback for GW2.0b2 has been overwhelmingly positive. The absolute stability of our beta menu system was an important milestone for us prior to pushing out the FPGA update required for some of the new features.

Happy New Year! We will be back soon with our new firmware.

I think I just had a nerdgasm.

Danny350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so they are leaving out the feature to avoid accidental updates?
It may have proved to be problematic. They seemed like they were having trouble with it when they spoke of it, something like bricking the device quite a few times. That's a risky feature that could piss a lot of customers off if it had problems. It may still be coming, they might not think it would be done in time for the 2.0 release.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you mean a NANDgasm? I'll just let myself out.

You.. I like you lol.

On a serious note... I am glad they are trying to prioritize quality over speediness. Slow and steady and all that jazz. Lets try to not whine them into releasing another broken beta please.

Reactions: Danny350

Danny350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, With this new announcment does that mean updated firmware the card will work with? Is that what up to date ment? no need for downgrade?
It just means EmuNand will support the latest 3DS firmware released. As of now it's just 4.1-4.5.

Trust me if they find a new exploit to make it work with 5.0 >, they will make a big deal out of it. There will be no miscommunication, you'll know.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, With this new announcment does that mean updated firmware the card will work with? Is that what up to date ment? no need for downgrade?

Not to be mean but it absolutely amazes me how after every new update, THIS is the conclusion people with System versions higher then 4.5 arrive at. Where in the blue hell does it say anything about 5.0+ compatibility?

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be mean but it absolutely amazes me how after every new update, THIS is the conclusion people with System versions higher then 4.5 arrive at. Where in the blue hell does it say anything about 5.0+ compatibility?

If you want something bad enough, you see things that aren't really there?

youra6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, the whole 3DS flashcart scene isn't exactly noob-friendly. My belief is that it really isn't something that noobs are ready for yet, so the "7.1 support" is only misleading to those people that aren't ready to participate in this scene yet. After all, the 3DS flashcart scene is still very much in its infancy.

You can be a noob and still do it. You just have to do some extra reading on the forums. Anyone who bought a 3DS gateway without consulting google will get their comeuppance.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can be a noob and still do it. You just have to do some extra reading on the forums. Anyone who bought a 3DS gateway without consulting google will get their comeuppance.

I don't think you can call a person a noob if they actually read; just saying.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Meh, the noobs I'm talking about are the ones that have problems either as a result of failing to research properly, or researching but still being unable to follow simple instructions on their own. You know, the ones that require their asses wiped. Those are the noobs I'm talking about. They always get their comeuppance due to the unforgiving-for-noobs state the 3DS flashcart scene is currently in. I have no complaints about the 3DS flashcart scene in its current state.

Edit: Pretty much what kyogre123 said.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, that settles that. "Early days of 2014" could mean that on January 11th, Gateway announces that the final 2.0 update will be delayed to "sometime in Q1 2014." I just wanna play Pokémon, damnit!* Don't get me wrong, the 2.0b2 update was a huge improvement over b1 and I'm happy with it. I got tons of other games to play anyway.

* If you're thinking about replying to bitch and moan about someone else wanting to play Pokémon, don't. It's a franchise that is loved by many, so get over it.
Then buy a copy of your preferred edition of pokemon? It's noy like the universe is preventing you from playing it, and it cost half as much as your Gateway. Then when support is added you can dump your ROM and saves and have them on your "Back-up" loader.

Currently, the whole 3DS flashcart scene isn't exactly noob-friendly. My belief is that it really isn't something that noobs are ready for yet, so the "7.1 support" is only misleading to those people that aren't ready to participate in this scene yet. After all, the 3DS flashcart scene is still very much in its infancy.

Everyone started out as noobs at some time. I don't see why it can't say "Full EmuNAND 7.1 support." That single extra word removes any kind of questions as to what "Full support" means.

telumetan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What's the point of being able to play pokemon if you can't go online? Might as well buy that ONE game so you can go online. I'd do that for MH4 but region isn't unlocked for classic mode. I hope the gateway team adds online capability or give classic mode region free.

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delaying is neither good nor a big deal.
But they could give a more conservative date than a date which they might not be able to keep.

Anyway thanks GW for helping me Improve my English :
Before Christmas
Around Christmas
Between Christmas and new year's Eve
Early days of 2014

Especially western common sense regarding "delaying", this is more important than grammars.
This is not irony, I am serious.
Could anyone tell me the exact time range of "early days of 2014" from the English language aspect?
Thanks in advance.

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks GW for helping me Improve my English :
Before Christmas
Around Christmas
Between Christmas and new year's Eve
Early days of 2014

Especially western common sense regarding "delaying", this is more important than grammars.
This is not irony, I am serious.
Could anyone tell me the exact time range of "early days of 2014" from the English language aspect?
Thanks in advance.

when it's done...

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What does this "integrated menu" mean? Something like opening gateway features directly from the main menu? This would be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1