• Views 35,906
  • Replies 192
  • Likes 13

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up-to-date emunand would be nice, but literally the only thing I (personally) can't do without it so far is install the Binding of Isaac update, and from what I've heard that makes the game less stable anyway.

Same here for the Issac update/soon to be upcoming DLC. Strangely enough, i've only had the "music stopped" bug happen twice, and never any other issues that in all the hours i've played this. Beaten the game a few time, beat a couple challenges. No other bugs occurred.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I've had bugs. The music stops a lot, I get the "hard" rooms on "normal" difficulty sometimes, and I had the messed up backgrounds in the past but they're avoidable by exiting & restarting the game sometimes between runs.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
With this ultra v3.4 update, can i now purchase games from the eShop once again?, what FW version is supported in emunand with v3.4 please?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With this ultra v3.4 update, can i now purchase games from the eShop once again?, what FW version is supported in emunand with v3.4 please?

Version 3.4 doesn't change anything in terms of support, emunand and sysnand remain the same.

With that said, there was never any reason for you not to be able to go to eShop anyway.
With an O3DS, emunand supports the latest firmware and so you can enter eShop.
And with a N3DS, emunand only supports up to 9.5 but you can still enter eShop if you use the FreeMultiPatcher app.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Version 3.4 doesn't change anything in terms of support, emunand and sysnand remain the same.

With that said, there was never any reason for you not to be able to go to eShop anyway.
With an O3DS, emunand supports the latest firmware and so you can enter eShop.
And with a N3DS, emunand only supports up to 9.5 but you can still enter eShop if you use the FreeMultiPatcher app.

Yeah i have a N3DS (i should of said), i havent been keeping up with current events on the 3ds to be fair and didnt even know about this 'FreeMultiPatcher app, so with that i can access the eShop and purchase games whilst still being on emunand 9.5??

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah i have a N3DS (i should of said), i havent been keeping up with current events on the 3ds to be fair and didnt even know about this 'FreeMultiPatcher app, so with that i can access the eShop and purchase games whilst still being on emunand 9.5??

Yes. You have more information in that specific thread about it but basically it spoofs what is necessary to allow your console to access eShop even without having the latest firmware.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. You have more information in that specific thread about it but basically it spoofs what is necessary to allow your console to access eShop even without having the latest firmware.

Thanks for your help got it working now!!!

So regarding updating from Ultra v3.3 to v3.4, all that is need to be done is delete the old Launcher.dat file from the N3DS SD card and replace it with the v3.4 Launcher.dat file and thats it?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your help got it working now!!!

So regarding updating from Ultra v3.3 to v3.4, all that is need to be done is delete the old Launcher.dat file from the N3DS SD card and replace it with the v3.4 Launcher.dat file and thats it?

Yeah, only thing necessary is replacing old launcher for the new one. Nothing more. ;)

Reactions: peteruk

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except formatting with a downgraded mset on 2ds will require you to toggle the 3D slider which the 2DS doesn't have, essentially softbricking your system.
Don't quote me on it but that's what I've heard.
That's true if you downgrade a 2DS to mset 4.x, which is why downgrading mset to 6.x was made a thing in the cfw scene as a workaround. Gateway wants us to support the innovators, but now they need to play catch up with the free scene.

Lurch666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So after a while of messing around I have got got my N3ds to boot into gateway using the classic System Settings DS Profile method.
Now I'm trying to update the emunand to 9.5 but it's not working.I have tried a newly formatted micro sd in my 3ds with just launcher.dat,formatted the emunand from the gateway menu then did a system update from within the GW3D9.2.0-20U system menu.Once the 3ds has updated booting into the gateway exploit shows the gateway dragon but then I get 2 black screens.If I hold left button and boot into gateway menu I can format the emunand again but then it's back to 9.2.0-20U

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So after a while of messing around I have got got my N3ds to boot into gateway using the classic System Settings DS Profile method.
Now I'm trying to update the emunand to 9.5 but it's not working.I have tried a newly formatted micro sd in my 3ds with just launcher.dat,formatted the emunand from the gateway menu then did a system update from within the GW3D9.2.0-20U system menu.Once the 3ds has updated booting into the gateway exploit shows the gateway dragon but then I get 2 black screens.If I hold left button and boot into gateway menu I can format the emunand again but then it's back to 9.2.0-20U
Gateway haves firmLaunch and that make games that require a higher firmware up to 9.5 work on firmware 9.2. You won't have any benefit in updating emunand so I recommend skipping this step for now.

The problem is if you update via the emunand system settings it will download firmware 10.0 to you emunand instead of 9.5 and 10.0 will not boot on gateway mode using a new 3ds. To update to 9.5 you must look for the 9.5 firmware cias for your specific region and install them while in emunand. You are better staying in 9.2 anyway imo.

Lurch666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway haves firmLaunch and that make games that require a higher firmware up to 9.5 work on firmware 9.2. You won't have any benefit in updating emunand so I recommend skipping this step for now.

The problem is if you update via the emunand system settings it will download firmware 10.0 to you emunand instead of 9.5 and 10.0 will not boot on gateway mode using a new 3ds. To update to 9.5 you must look for the 9.5 firmware cias for your specific region and install them while in emunand. You are better staying in 9.2 anyway imo.

Thanks for the info dude.I didn't know about firmlaunch and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't get that part to work.Been away from my N3ds and gateway for a while so I haven't been keeping up.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the info dude.I didn't know about firmlaunch and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't get that part to work.Been away from my N3ds and gateway for a while so I haven't been keeping up.
Since you are using Gateway there is a much easier way to update your emuNAND if you want.
Get a .3ds ROM of Puzzle and Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition (it has the 9.5 update on it), and simply boot Gateway mode while holding D-pad Up and launch the game with the Gateway cart. D-pad Up disables update blocking so that you can use ROMs to update your emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.