Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Today we present just a quick update for our users with 9.5 emunand. This fixes the multirom menu not showing up and various updates for properly supporting 9.5 emunand.
We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.

This is VERY VERY good news still, NEW 3DS support is DEFINETLY right round the corner!
It will take longer to get Emunand support because of course it's about to get released (The wait was still worth it)

This new is fantastic and hopefully I won't even need to have my Plan b: (Think about purchasing Sky 3ds)
I dunno about you guys but this is SENSATIONAL news

Reactions: kamesenin888

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait a second.... That means the N3DS update will support emuNAND. So .cia updates and firmware spoofing? Yup, buying it :hrth:

guess so ;) so have no ideas why they are waiting -_- assuming that they even tried 9.5 emunand on it

There were some rumors about the US release, but emuNAND support is great! :D

Reactions: gamefan5

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Today we present just a quick update for our users with 9.5 emunand. This fixes the multirom menu not showing up and various updates for properly supporting 9.5 emunand.
We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.

This is VERY VERY good news still, NEW 3DS support is DEFINETLY right round the corner!
It will take longer to get Emunand support because of course it's about to get released (The wait was still worth it)

This new is fantastic and hopefully I won't even need to have my Plan b: (Think about purchasing Sky 3ds)
I dunno about you guys but this is SENSATIONAL news

Yeah but this means that you cannot get emunand on n3ds at all. Also you cannot play online games that require an update from eshop. And also you are forced to install any cia on your sysnand which is a risk.
Also to update my emunand from 9.4 to 9.5 I just copy the new launcher.dat and go into settings in emunand and choose system update?

mendel12

Trophies
XP
Country
So this means that creating an emunand which is below 9.5 will work?

Great to finally get some communication from the gateway team.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Isn't this just an arm9 key though? Or is this a full blown key used for encrypting everything, including games again?

Apparently the keyslot used for it (11) is cleared when done. But there's still slot 18 - 20 and maybe 15.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah but this means that you cannot get emunand on n3ds at all. Also you cannot play online games that require an update from eshop. And also you are forced to install any cia on your sysnand which is a risk.
Also to update my emunand from 9.4 to 9.5 I just copy the new launcher.dat and go into settings in emunand and choose system update?

you should read what you quoted again because you didn't uderstood it at all.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh you can still create emunand if the n3ds is lets say on 9.2? But your emunand will be on 9.2 and you can't use eshop features like updates etc?

yes you can create the emunand based on the the sysnand and while you can't use the eshop since cia support exist you can still update your games manually and so play them online

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you can still create emunand if the n3ds is lets say on 9.2? But your emunand will be on 9.2 and you can't use eshop features like updates etc?

Ahh, ok.

So even 8.1J consoles should be ok, it's just that they will be on 8.1 emunand? Man I hope a game comes out with 9.2 FW on it so I can at least have a 9.2 N3DS.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah id be happy with a less than 9.5 emunand I mean u can always download updates as CIA files and considering they still haven't even released a game on 9.x yet gdub hopefully will be ready shortly after they do

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The promised update in Feb. could really complicate things (ie break emunand badly), so I think it would be wise for GW to release the update now so current n3ds users can enjoy emunand for a while. Then they can ignore emails until the 13th then fix whatever bugs are on 3.0.4/3.0.5 all in one bugfix update.
Did I not call it or what? :P

Gateway shouldn't have waitwayed.

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
8 months. The 7.0.0 update that enabled the new encryption was released in december 2013, Gateway's update to fix it (2.3) was released in august 2014.
746.gif

Reactions: DSoryu and logg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system