Status
Not open for further replies.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One question, since there is an option in the GW menu to dump the nand.bin, is there another menu option to restore that same nand.bin? Or is a hardware mod the only way to restore nand?

Yeah, that's why Sega is going to crap.

hardware mod only.

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Having said all that, as a recent Gateway purchaser, and a 9.2 owner, I'd really appreciate some kind of an official statement on the matter. Not through email screenshots.
Something.
I mean, it was November 14 when they first announced this, and people got really hyped, got their Gateways, preferred it over Sky3DS and everything. Myself included.
Naturally, like everybody else, I expected a Christmas release. Then a New Year's release. Now there's this "most likely before 2015" thing.
Count me in for a New Year's surprise, but this patience is killing me. :sad:

Oh well. Things take time to be done properly I guess. And the internet is a freaking bitch. I wouldn't like to be in their position right now, with everyone bashing and cursing them on emails.
This is so immature, stupid and ungrateful.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah that is not confirmed yet, but for Gateway to be compatible with future games it will have to implement emunand or firmware spoof at some point.

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
become sickening to look at the pathetic attempts gateway they obviously have nothing to offer and all that remains to delay after delay, and in the end did not release explicitly support and website are two different things.

Kid, can you calm yourself? Do you not know what delays are for? They're not pushing it to piss you off, they're not pushing it because they don't feel like releasing it, and they're definitely not pushing it because they're full of sh*t. They haven't lied before, or made claims/promises they couldn't keep, so why are you so upset? If you want the update, you're going to have to wait. Realize that they're not on your time, you're on theirs.

Geez, I hope you're 7 years old. Not even a manchild would act as belligerent, arbitrary, rude, and pathetic as you.

Alo81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys had faith in Gateway. That's why you bought the card. Including me.

Now you lose faith in them just because they are saying "in a few days"?

Come on! I am a developer myself and had to fight deadlines, too.
Do you think I was always able to finish what I had to finish in the time?

Just think about it.
If you were a developer over at Gateway, and you'd have to fight a deadline like this (let's just say they aim to release it before 2015), wouldn't you get nervous too?

I get that, but the issue is don't mislead your customers by making something seem closer than it is. It seems like with every news post they say "It's almost here!" They use wording which leads people to believe the release is very soon, but choose to be vague enough that it doesn't have to stick to any specific date. Just more transparency would be nice, or something more concrete. Even something as simple as "We don't know exactly when it'll release, but we plan to push it within the next month. That's not a guarantee it'll be this month, but that's what we're working towards." It leaves them the option to push past their date, gives them a lot of leeway time, and lets people be less anxious when "soon" becomes 2, 3 weeks.

Reactions: PokeBomb

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I get that, but the issue is don't mislead your customers by making something seem closer than it is. It seems like with every news post they say "It's almost here!" They use wording which leads people to believe the release is very soon, but choose to be vague enough that it doesn't have to stick to any specific date. Just more transparency would be nice, or something more concrete. Even something as simple as "We don't know exactly when it'll release, but we plan to push it within the next month. That's not a guarantee it'll be this month, but that's what we're working towards." It leaves them the option to push past their date, gives them a lot of leeway time, and lets people be less anxious when "soon" becomes 2, 3 weeks.

This is exactly what they have said (link below).
http://www11.pic-upload.de/24.12.14/am6hblfuriyo.png

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything that was misleading. I see people complain about teams not setting a date for release AS WELL as people complain about teams putting a release date and not meeting it.

So now its either you wait or you don't wait, you give a date or don't give a date, you buy and wait or move on to something else that supports your system.

scholan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the same emails keep being spammed all the time. if ppl just waited peacefully, everything would have less drama.

And I keep seeing that <removed> in a lot of the emails posted. lol

from who you got this picture?
from my post.

good you know all my name. this email is mine.

Last edited by WeedZ,

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
earlier they say'd also most likely before xmas.

For me there is no reason to respect or love gateway for what they get up to last month and
I do not care what they were before I see what is really happening is nonsense.

They actually didn't say that. They said they were aiming for a Christmas release but couldn't promise one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm excited for my birthday even if it doesnt look like it