Not open for further replies.

Ultimabuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just got a New 3DS XL today with firmware 9.0
Should I update it? Whats the benefit?
Sorry if it's been posted in this thread already, but will this work with my existing Gateway card?

Elgrosp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, I just got a New 3DS XL today with firmware 9.0
Should I update it? Whats the benefit?
Sorry if it's been posted in this thread already, but will this work with my existing Gateway card?

Yes, you can update to the latest FW.
Your GW won't work for now, you'll have to wait for an update from Gateway Team.

Snoozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soz if its been asked before but is this Gateway compatability with firmware 9.0 - 9.2 with a new Gateway card or the current Gateway card with software update?

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can update to the latest FW.
Your GW won't work for now, you'll have to wait for an update from Gateway Team.

This is the bit I don't get. Everyone is talking about how even if you have a 3DS with firmware higher than 4.5 you just need to wait for Gateway to release the update. But if the GW card doesn't work at all above 4.5, how do you update it to the new version if you cannot get it to run it in the first place?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the bit I don't get. Everyone is talking about how even if you have a 3DS with firmware higher than 4.5 you just need to wait for Gateway to release the update. But if the GW card doesn't work at all above 4.5, how do you update it to the new version if you cannot get it to run it in the first place?

Have you read the title of this thread?

and the original post?

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you read the title of this thread?

and the original post?

Yes I have. And all i've read so far would suggest that you'd need to wait until retailers start shipping Gateway with the upcoming update already applied for firmware 9.x users to be able use gateway (or borrow a friend's 4.5 3DS). Specially from Gateway's own news post. They ask users to stay on 4.5 if possible (likely so they can upgrade the card they own to the new version themselves) and people that are stuck on higher versions to upgrade to 9.2 (with no mention of being able to upgrade the card themselves without it being pre-upgraded or borrowing a friend's 3DS).

Yet some people are talking about how you can upgrade to the new version even if all you have is the current version of Gateway and a 9.x 3DS. Why? Am I missing something?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes I have. And all i've read so far would suggest that you'd need to wait until retailers start shipping Gateway with the upcoming update already applied for firmware 9.x users to be able use gateway (or borrow a friend's 4.5 3DS). Specially from Gateway's own news post. They ask users to stay on 4.5 if possible (likely so they can upgrade the card they own to the new version themselves) and people that are stuck on higher versions to upgrade to 9.2 (with no mention of being able to upgrade the card themselves without it being pre-upgraded or borrowing a friend's 3DS).

Yet some people are talking about how you can upgrade to the new version even if all you have is the current version of Gateway and a 9.x 3DS. Why? Am I missing something?

Yes, the way the update will work. We are not even certain if the GW card will be updated for this.

Reactions: KnightOnline
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~