Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yet some people are talking about how you can upgrade to the new version even if all you have is the current version of Gateway and a 9.x 3DS. Why? Am I missing something?
The Gateway team themselves have stated quite clearly that they are working on an update (and are soon ready to release this) that will enable the usage of the *CURRENT* Gateway card (no new card or external hardware needed) on 9.0~9.2 firmware.

How they are doing this isn't disclosed.
How long they still need isn't disclosed.
Any relations to SSSpwn/Ninjhax, SKY3DS (and clones) or other recent developments are pure speculation.

Long story short - if you want answers to all of this, you'll have to stand in line like the rest of us and wait untill Gateway is ready to reveal their stuff.
Because for all we know they have nothing and are laughing at us running around like headless chickens in speculation mode.

Reactions: Doran754

Elgrosp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I saw a few pages back a reply from Gateway stating that the upgrade won't need a 4.x console.
I don't own a GW card, so I don't know how it works but I remember on my DSTWO, system updates were made by putting some files on the SD card.

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the way the update will work. We are not even certain if the GW card will be updated for this.

Thanks, I indeed didn't get that. Now i'm really considering buying a Gateway straight away so I can use it immediately after the update is released

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The first post really should be edited and all the E-Mails from Gateway should be put in it.

You WON'T need a new card, same hardware.
You will be able to update the card YOURSELF, no need for a 4.5 3ds (hence there is - speculation - probabably a Kerne Exploit in the 9.2 FW)
Yes, you can buy a gateway now and will be able to use it on your 9.2

All of that has been stated in multiple E-mails from the gateway team themselves

Should you buy now or wait? Up to you. I would wait simply because we don't know what features will be available. Maybe we'll have 1 game per SD card and you don't want that (then you'd have wasted 60 bucks) or everything will work, only time will tell. People really should calm the fuck down and simply wait for another official post/video.

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So when I tried to extract even a little info I got this lol(I received their reply after 24 hours).
f4c6ARg.jpg

Reactions: Phantom_User

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think Gateway are figuring out how SKY3DS exploit works, then seeing what acces this (kernel) exploit gives. so could it run homebrew (multi rom loader) or just run games like Sky (but then how to switch games with current cards). Can they remove the rom limit. And perhaps use Ninjajhax to create a homebrew application that becomes the multirom loader(if at all possible). All we can do now is wait and hope they solve the puzzle soon.
i still reget ever updating my 4.5 console to play Dream Team Bros. (this was before Gateway existed) updated to 9.2 now, and all there is left is to wait for the (good) news.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think Gateway are figuring out how SKY3DS exploit works, then seeing what acces this (kernel) exploit gives. so could it run homebrew (multi rom loader) or just run games like Sky (but then how to switch games with current cards). Can they remove the rom limit. And perhaps use Ninjajhax to create a homebrew application that becomes the multirom loader(if at all possible). All we can do now is wait and hope they solve the puzzle soon.
i still reget ever updating my 4.5 console to play Dream Team Bros. (this was before Gateway existed) updated to 9.2 now, and all there is left is to wait for the (good) news.

Jesus fucking Christ! Read the thread a bit before you blindly start posting.

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure if someone has asked this already, so sorry if I'm repeating it.
I'm going to receive at some point a Nintendo 3DS XL but I'm afraid Nintendo will release a new firmware by that which means that I won't be able to update it to the current firmware through wifi.
Is there any game available that I can use to update my Nintendo offline to 9.0 or 9.2?

D

Deleted-355425

I'm not sure if someone has asked this already, so sorry if I'm repeating it.
I'm going to receive at some point a Nintendo 3DS XL but I'm afraid Nintendo will release a new firmware by that which means that I won't be able to update it to the current firmware through wifi.
Is there any game available that I can use to update my Nintendo offline to 9.0 or 9.2?
my last £ would be bet on pokemon having that firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe