Not open for further replies.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys... This is how it works.

In order to know the FIRMWARE of your 3DS, you have to enter to System Settings by selecting this icon from the HOME MENU:
139_38_MMEN_0027_16_EUR_EN.jpg

While you are in there, the upper screen will display something like this:
Eng_2.jpg

That number is the FIRMWARE VERSION of your 3DS:

Ver. stands for Version (it doesn't matter if you see something different in the language of your 3DS)

4.1.0 is the important number here: If this number is 4.5, 4.4, 4.3 or 4.1 then don't update, you are fine. If this number is 5.0 or above, then update to 9.2 (current latest version as of today, ALWAYS ask in the forums for the current version as this may change any given time). DO NOT UPDATE FURTHER 9.2.

-8 is a number that just allow you access to the eShop, it doesn't really matter if it's bellow to 20 or whatever...

The E stands for the region of the 3DS. You may see a different letter (U, C, T, K, J). This letter doesn't matter and you must not worry about it.

Reactions: Pawed

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are probably the 10th user to ask questions about the letter, READ BACK A COUPLE OF PAGES and find the answer.
E means european, U means American, J means Japanese 3DS

I'm actually surprise people are still asking about this, especially on this forum. With using gateway you're suppose to know what firmware is on the 3ds. How the hell can you not know how to do this by now or what it means at least.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm actually surprise people are still asking about this, especially on this forum. With using gateway you're suppose to know what firmware is on the 3ds. How the hell can you not know how to do this by now or what it means at least.

Clearly, people asking this are not using GW and are just planning to get one now that it finally supports a higher firmware.

Reactions: digipokemaster

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

They only want free games. They don't care about anything else.

gtm22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yay! yet another mail to fuel speculation :toot:

A97.png

because there was a shortage of it in this thead

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, this is great news. I was just about to buy a 3ds anyway, now I've got the perfect excuse.

Is just read on wikipedia that the latest firmware is 9.2.0-20, which came out on October 30th. Does anyone know if 9.3.0.-20 is about to be released anytime soon? In that case I will have to hurry up :|

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_system_software#Version_9

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a gw card never was able to use it until now but i at least now what frmware version my 3ds is on and what the region is and what the updates includes but even those who are just now thinking/getting a gw3ds card should at least know the 3ds version and what the letter stands for but i still cant wait until the release of this update

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Do I have to buy the Gateway flashcard when it releases its support for version 9.x? Or can I just buy it now and wait till they do something to implement a gateway update to the current gateway flashcard?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Do I have to buy the Gateway flashcard when it releases its support for version 9.x? Or can I just buy it now and wait till they do something to implement a gateway update to the current gateway flashcard?

you can buy it now if you want too but it up to you. i would get it now and have it ready when the update comes out

masksacrafice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They did say that it wasn't gonna require a new flashcart, so it shouldn't matter if you're waiting for an "Updated Cart", but you should wait until they release the exploit, so you can get a better idea of all the features and if any had changed.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can buy now and then install the update when they release it (you'll probably need a 4.x 3DS to do that, though).

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll second the opinion on waiting to see how this new exploit will work before purchasing the GW, or anything.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no word on when it's coming out yet. i found a 3ds XL at sears for 60 bucks and i may wal-mart price match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn