Status
Not open for further replies.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I plan on buying the Nintendo 2DS Crystal Red when it comes out on Nov. 21. Should I still buy it as soon as possible or wait till the update to get the updated card?
The sooner you get it, the better, of course, since although there won't be any shortage of brand new 9.0 consoles soon, the prices may rise later on.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I plan on buying the Nintendo 2DS Crystal Red when it comes out on Nov. 21. Should I still buy it as soon as possible or wait till the update to get the updated card?

According to GW, there will not be an updated card. Only the software for the current card will be updated. Personally, I'm going to wait until we hear more news from GW regarding the features before I buy the card (but that's just me).

Regarding the 2DS, I would go ahead and buy the 2DS as you have planned when it comes out, and quickly update it to the latest (9.2-20) FW (assuming that is still the latest on the 21st) before Nintendo pushes out a new update.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok so here is my question:

Would we still run emunand?

Lets say, for instance, that FW10 comes out or something like that. It changes everything. Isnt it easier on them to update the emunand support then the base firmware?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
So they're releasing videos soon? Hype! Even if us 9.X users can only run comercial games akin to Sky3DS, I'd still be happy.

The fact that it's a software update only is pretty big too.. I'm eager to know just what the heck is going on.

Btw, I asked the Gateway Team if we'd have this in time for Xmas and I got this:

As far as a time frame, we can't give any now, but the wait won't be long.

Here's to more waiting :grog:

Reactions: Danjal

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so here is my question:

Would we still run emunand?

Lets say, for instance, that FW10 comes out or something like that. It changes everything. Isnt it easier on them to update the emunand support then the base firmware?
I'm sure the 9.2-compatible update won't support emunand.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they're releasing videos soon? Hype! Even if us 9.X users can only run comercial games akin to Sky3DS, I'd still be happy.

The fact that it's a software update only is pretty big too.. I'm eager to know just what the heck is going on.

Btw, I asked the Gateway Team if we'd have this in time for Xmas and I got this:

Here's to more waiting :grog:
A release before christmas would be the best. I want a gateway for christmas.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, it only runs in 9.0 - 9.2. It's not the same method Sky3DS is using, and it only needs a software update, so it HAS to be a new Kernel level exploit, and I suppose, as others have too, Theme related. That's exciting. The possibilities are endless, who knows what features this will support from launch. But I'm confident, eventually, 9.x consoles will have the same features as 4.x.

jabbaskillet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay! yet another mail to fuel speculation :toot:

A97.png

because there was a shortage of it in this thead

Please stop spamming the GW team with questions that they answered in their initial announcement!

Reactions: ztoben

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
A release before thanksgiving would be better :lol:

Now that's just pushing it :P .

So, it only runs in 9.0 - 9.2. It's not the same method Sky3DS is using, and it only needs a software update, so it HAS to be a new Kernel level exploit, and I suppose, as others have too, Theme related. That's exciting. The possibilities are endless, who knows what features this will support from launch. But I'm confident, eventually, 9.x consoles will have the same features as 4.x.

Good point, that didn't cross my mind. Being software update only means they have something new up their sleeves. And, as you said, it's probably related to Themes.

Really exciting times, let's see what GW has for us 9.x users.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I don't think it's a software update, it's an FPGA update. It's gonna reconfigure the integrated circuit to change functionality.
If it was a kernel exploit they wouldn't tell people to stay on 4.5...
It will just allow games to be read from the red cart on 9.2 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyhs16NOs