Hacking Gateway Brick on b2 caught on camera finally :D

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would be more than okay with the release being delayed, if it meant that there would be zero new bricks. gamesquest1 isn't doing this to point the finger at anyone, or to be a Gateway hater, or for any other reason than just genuinely trying to contribute to the scene and to find a solution to a problem that several people have personally experienced, and hundreds of others are at risk of running into.

I don't get why people who are actually DOING something are still getting shat on by people who've contributed nothing to the scene whatsoever.
I think the member meant to say *sarcasm instead of irony. Cause I do not see the irony in this,

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the OP is a Gateway Hater, and wants to delay the release of 2.0 final as much as possible *irony*

And so what if he is? His being a hater or liker of the Gateway has no relevancy. He's merely pointing out the instabilities of the code in the most recent beta. If no one pointed out the flaws or console-bricking potentiality, everyone would assume it was safe to use when it's clearly not. There's nothing wrong with not liking a product either, but that's another topic.

Whether or not he hates the GW doesn't matter.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New legit brick reported by customer yesterday using 3DS XL + GW + 2.02b (downloaded from the official website) just after made successfully NAND dump and done the "Diagnostic Test" just after, then restart in GW mode from GW menu :
De : xxxxx xxxxx [mailto:xxxxx]
Envoyé : jeudi 20 février 2014 19:48
À : Service client Infinitydream
Objet : Requête de Infinitydream

Bonsoir,

je vous ai contacter aujourd'hui pour un problème de brique sur une 3ds xl avec l'utilisation du linker gateway
j'ai vérifier le md5 du fichier Launcher.dat et il est identique à celui du site gateway

j'ai trouvé une vidéo sur le net d'un brick en directe : http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-brick-on-b2-caught-on-camera-finally-d.362305/

je confirme que j'ai moi aussi j'ai lancé un test mémoire après avoir sauver la nand et j'ai eu le même problème que sur la vidéo

je démonte ce weekend la console pour prendre une photo de la pin cassé et je vous l'enverrais

Cordialement

The customer used firmware 2.0b2 from more than a month without any matter until yesterday, the console made black screen and after turn off/on, console has got BSOD.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they knew about this already. Think about how many times they've ran the diagnostic themselves. The fix should already be in 2.0 final. The only question is why the heck they're holding it up.

cloud1250000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure they knew about this already. Think about how many times they've ran the diagnostic themselves. The fix should already be in 2.0 final. The only question is why the heck they're holding it up.

Maybe they are trying to prove they are the only one working on this?

Claw919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh... off topic, I know, but why wouldn't Gateway just drop a little code into the FPGA as part of an update, check for that anad refuse to run otherwise, instead of actively trying to cause problems with people's consoles? Part of their original crowing was over the R4i cards not being able to be updated, etc.

Anyway, sorry. Just venting some frustration. Awesome job by OP to get this on camera!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can you try it with Normmatt's region free retail patches?
from what i have gathered people got bricked using it.....i cant imagine many of them decided to go run diagnostics so i wouldnt imagine those bricks where connected......but that being said i will give it a go shortly, just trying to help someone with something atm :lol:

(although with the high odds of bricking in diagnostics even just playing with it once could of triggered it)

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
from what i have gathered people got bricked using it.....i cant imagine many of them decided to go run diagnostics so i wouldnt imagine those bricks where connected......but that being said i will give it a go shortly, just trying to help someone with something atm :lol:

(although with the high odds of bricking in diagnostics even just playing with it once could of triggered it)

How long does it take to unbrick a 3ds?

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sweet, thanks.
I'd do it myself if I had a Raspberry Pi lying around, but I don't, so unbricking would be a bit more difficult.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Was browsing for Raspberry Pi on Amazon, if I had money, knew about coding and wasn't skint then I'd have it delivered tomorrow :P I'm still using 2.0b2, worst case scenario and gamesquest1 you're getting my 3DS in the post!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If I am already on GW FW 2.0b2 do I have to download GW FW 2.0b1 and run through the Blue Card installer again or do I just run the Launcher.dat file from FW 2.0b1 and all will be OK, cause I am felling due to this I should go back down to 2.0b1 FW?. Cause it says for the beta update 2.02b2 it supports:- * Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc.), so my question is will FW 2.0b1 not support emunand GW3D 7.1 FW or will it?, which is on my 3DS at this time!

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was browsing for Raspberry Pi on Amazon, if I had money, knew about coding and wasn't skint then I'd have it delivered tomorrow :P I'm still using 2.0b2, worst case scenario and gamesquest1 you're getting my 3DS in the post!

Sad part is, buying a Raspberry Pi would cost less than it being sent to Gateway, and probably take less time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus