hekate boot loop

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all and many thanks in advance for your input. I just bought a switch off offerup and didn't check it all the way before I got home. I may have bought a brick. It was advertised an unpatched v1 but looks like it isn't. serial starts with XKW1006..... which seems like a refurbished unit according to a quick google search. i have attached several pictures. If anyone can guide me in the right direction that would be awesome. Or you can also just let me know i wasted my money lol. So it boots into hekate on its own no jig. I setup the SD card with all the latest and greatest. I do get errors on lockpickrcm see picture. anytime i try to boot atmosphere sysMMC or stock sysMMC it just goes black screen. It does show nintendo logo for a sec and shows atmosphere logo for a sec for each of those options when i go through and press them. I have to hold power button and then eventually it will go back to hekate. I would love to run CFW but even if stock works would be better than a brick. also in the fuses picture it says its patched for RCM bug. i also tried tegrarcm and it just hangs but does recognize it is RCM. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240210_165750.jpg
    20240210_165750.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240210_165731.jpg
    20240210_165731.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240210_165833.jpg
    20240210_165833.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 10

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've used nh guide successfully with other switch's and followed the same thing with no luck. the weird part is i can't launch a payload from tegrarcm. maybe it has a modchip?
Post automatically merged:

i've used nh guide successfully with other switch's and followed the same thing with no luck. the weird part is i can't launch a payload from tegrarcm. maybe it has a modchip?

baddass1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all and many thanks in advance for your input. I just bought a switch off offerup and didn't check it all the way before I got home. I may have bought a brick. It was advertised an unpatched v1 but looks like it isn't. serial starts with XKW1006..... which seems like a refurbished unit according to a quick google search. i have attached several pictures. If anyone can guide me in the right direction that would be awesome. Or you can also just let me know i wasted my money lol. So it boots into hekate on its own no jig. I setup the SD card with all the latest and greatest. I do get errors on lockpickrcm see picture. anytime i try to boot atmosphere sysMMC or stock sysMMC it just goes black screen. It does show nintendo logo for a sec and shows atmosphere logo for a sec for each of those options when i go through and press them. I have to hold power button and then eventually it will go back to hekate. I would love to run CFW but even if stock works would be better than a brick. also in the fuses picture it says its patched for RCM bug. i also tried tegrarcm and it just hangs but does recognize it is RCM. Any help would be appreciated.
If your switch boots to hekate without doing anything to it...it has a modchip does it say no sd if you try to boot without an sd card? Can you boot to ofw by holding both volume buttons to bypass the chip? if so format the memory card as fat32 and use an all in one cfw package it will be easier for you e.g Deepsea, NexT, Kefir

Reactions: impeeza

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your switch boots to hekate without doing anything to it...it has a modchip does it say no sd if you try to boot without an sd card? Can you boot to ofw by holding both volume buttons to bypass the chip? if so format the memory card as fat32 and use an all in one cfw package it will be easier for you e.g Deepsea, NexT, Kefir
Thanks you are right. Its a flashing light when it turns on. 3 red blinks on back of switch. Are they modchip specific? I'm not sure which one it has

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks you are right. Its a flashing light when it turns on. 3 red blinks on back of switch. Are they modchip specific? I'm not sure which one it has
Wow I actually think that might be an sx core.

Never the less, can you'll test the HATS pack from Github? Just search for it and you will find it. I just want to see if it's hardware related or not

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I actually think that might be an sx core.

Never the less, can you'll test the HATS pack from Github? Just search for it and you will find it. I just want to see if it's hardware related or not
i just tried the hats pack. replaced all files in my SD card with those from the pack. still just boot loops whether i choose sysmmc or emummc or semisysmmc. think something from the modchip may have come loose?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i just tried the hats pack. replaced all files in my SD card with those from the pack. still just boot loops whether i choose sysmmc or emummc or semisysmmc. think something from the modchip may have come loose?
Nah I start to suspect your SD Card might be wonky... if possible. Could you reformat it with GUIFormat and try again?
It will remove the emunand however just so you know.

The modchip is more or less only active during the power on cycle so after that it shouldn't interfere, but if something is shorting example the emmc it can cause problems.

Last edited by linuxares,

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try booting to cfw on sysnand.
I tried booting sysnand cfw but also just goes to logo of atmosphere then blackscreen.

Nah I start to suspect your SD Card might be wonky... if possible. Could you reformat it with GUIFormat and try again?
It will remove the emunand however just so you know.

The modchip is more or less only active during the power on cycle so after that it shouldn't interfere, but if something is shorting example the emmc it can cause problems.
I'll try this thanks. I'll post back soon. I have a 256gb nintendo sd and a 512gb and 1tb team group. Also if I run picofly toolbox it says firmware 2.73 so maybe it has that modchip?

Attachments

• 20240211_084941.mp4
    7.9 MB
  • 20240211_084813.jpg
    20240211_084813.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240210_205441.mp4
    7.2 MB
  • 20240210_205236.jpg
    20240210_205236.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by roro510,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I tried booting sysnand cfw but also just goes to logo of atmosphere then blackscreen.

I'll try this thanks. I'll post back soon. I have a 256gb nintendo sd and a 512gb and 1tb team group. Also if I run picofly toolbox it says firmware 2.73 so maybe it has that modchip?
picofly toolbox then it's a picofly inside.

You could try to upgrade to 2.75 but I don't think that will help https://github.com/rehius/usk/releases/tag/PicoFly_2.75_2023.09.09_08-16

roro510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No shame in asking for help :)
I was looking at the picofly update and it has the troubleshooting guide with the lights. looks like it is something with emmc. it has a long pulse followed by 3 short pulses of red light. is this fixable?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was looking at the picofly update and it has the troubleshooting guide with the lights. looks like it is something with emmc. it has a long pulse followed by 3 short pulses of red light. is this fixable?
Often yes. It could be a cable loss etc. I think it anyway needs to be opened up.

Reactions: roro510

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto