Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are saying this rollback indicates that Gateway is 'bailing'. First of all, instances of their website going down completely for over a day have happened in the past and people have made the same claims as they're making now. Second of all, why would they revert to a state where they say

We plan to move forward with the additional support for sysnand firmware range 9.0 – 9.2.
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.

if they were trying to remove evidence of upcoming 9.x support? I'll admit that their community management team isn't handling their releases tactfully, but I don't have any reason to believe that they're being deliberately deceitful.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll admit that their community management team isn't handling their releases tactfully, but I don't have any reason to believe that they're being deliberately deceitful.
I'm predicting that they're not worrying about it because they're on the last stretch of getting the new update ready.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the posts deleted until they come back online:

GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.7
by admin
Today we present another quick update for our 4.5 users: Gateway OMEGA 2.7 which brings support for emunand 9.4!
We also want to inform our users that we are still working on native support for sysnand 9.0 – 9.2, so please be patient until we are ready to release!
We try to deliver a smooth experience for our users and this takes time to perfect!
We also inform our users that they MUST NOT UPDATE SYSNAND TO 9.3 OR ABOVE, because we will not be able to support entry to those sysnand versions any time soon.
If you are wondering what native support we will bring for lower than sysnand 9.0, we can tell that after 9.0-9.2 we will start with 8.0-8.1 and gradually work our way down with support for even lower sysnand firmware versions.
[Download Gateway Omega 2.7]

Firmware release update
by admin
We know many Gateway users are eagerly anticipating our upcoming native firmware support for Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2.
We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.
We apologize for the delay but want to reassure our users that it will be released soon.
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof. All Gateway owners have been enjoying our product for up to 18 months now and none of them regret their purchase. The same will remain for new users who we are sure will enjoy their Gateway, probably for the lifetime of their console.
Thank you for your support and we ask you for just a little more patience, our release is now just around the corner.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I'm predicting that they're not worrying about it because they're on the last stretch of getting the new update ready.

this is what their gameplan is, let the scene users hype them selfs up and the newbies get their orders in which adds to the hype and when they've reached a target goal of bank made they release the update and get to work on their next money making update/features.

Reactions: baker

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Makes you really wonder what kind of people are writing these paranoia fueled posts :rofl: GW as far as I know never lied about their upcoming features If they said that the release is any day now than I would think that they have a legitimate reason
not to tell the correct date because even with no release dates people act like whiny bitches, imagine what would be if they actually announced something and couldnt release on time - people would freak out calling them liars or whatnot....
Now for the fun part, why on Earth would they intentionally remove their posts when everybody saw them and not even that they apparently "removed" the 2.7 update as well. GW is not Sky3ds pulling all kinds of shady shits or whatnot, they are a legitimate company which provide free support for their users and never, NOT ONCE did they ask us to buy a new card so that you can break the "1 game per sd card limit" even though they could do so easily but they didnt.
You know why? Because they are in for the long run unlike Sky3DS who have released a new card within a month.

The servers crashed and it reverted to the latest backup theyve made. End of story.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Makes you really wonder what kind of people are writing these paranoia fueled posts :rofl: GW as far as I know never lied about their upcoming features If they said that the release is any day now than I would think that they have a legitimate reason
not to tell the correct date because even with no release dates people act like whiny bitches, imagine what would be if they actually announced something and couldnt release on time - people would freak out calling them liars or whatnot....
Now for the fun part, why on Earth would they intentionally remove their posts when everybody saw them and not even that they apparently "removed" the 2.7 update as well. GW is not Sky3ds pulling all kinds of shady shits or whatnot, they are a legitimate company which provide free support for their users and never, NOT ONCE did they ask us to buy a new card so that you can break the "1 game per sd card limit" even though they could do so easily but they didnt.
You know why? Because they are in for the long run unlike Sky3DS who have released a new card within a month.

The servers crashed and it reverted to the latest backup theyve made. End of story.
There's a first time for everything! Even for the apocalypse.

Reactions: Thomas12345

mojaswag

Trophies
XP
Country
if gw lied about all of this then nobody would trust their updates ever again, even omega 2.8 and shit so i really doubt they lied. its just a site roll back lmao

Reactions: 2Hack and viral777

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nah, let them speculate the new release, and then when the site is actually back to normal again. They get even more pissed because the hype the started just fizzled to zero. Keep the hype to a minimum and no ones butts would be hurting and wrongfully created emails to GW with furocious wording can be kept to zero. No need to keep bombing them for the release, you bought the product ahead of time and its your own fault. Plain and simple. Go find something to do....geez.

Just got started on a second car alarm install, god damn viper alarms are a pain in the ass. Compustar for the win, win-win.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, let them speculate the new release, and then when the site is actually back to normal again. They get even more pissed because the hype the started just fizzled to zero. Keep the hype to a minimum and no ones butts would be hurting and wrongfully created emails to GW with furocious wording can be kept to zero. No need to keep bombing them for the release, you bought the product ahead of time and its your own fault. Plain and simple. Go find something to do....geez.

Just got started on a second car alarm install, god damn viper alarms are a pain in the ass. Compustar for the win, win-win.

Is the site back to normal?

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
As everyone has said before, it will be released when Gateway has finished putting the final touches on their groundbreaking release. Until then, why don't you watch some gameplay videos, get a good idea of the games you'll want to play, maybe find some new ones and then prepare your roms.

darmani11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway stopped distributing 2.7 firmware because there is a bug. I think this thread is really useless. Noone try to get information, but everyone is nervous or excited. I was here in gbatemp for years. And this is the first time that everyone act like a kid. http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-41914814-1-1.html
GBATemp is notorious for their large amount of underage users. Surprised you haven't noticed before. I've been lurking gbatemp for awhile, just the childish userbase deterred me from signing up before.
That said, the last page or so has been really bad, with fedora's(Pls don't tell me you actually wear a fedora) and junk like that. No user is excused, some more responsible though.

Anyways, I don't speak that language, and Google translate is poor, what does the bug do?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this mean the update is delayed?

Well with this new information we can assume so.
GBATemp is notorious for their large amount of underage users. Surprised you haven't noticed before. I've been lurking gbatemp for awhile, just the childish userbase deterred me from signing up before.
That said, the last page or so has been really bad, with fedora's(Pls don't tell me you actually wear a fedora) and junk like that. No user is excused, some more responsible though.

Anyways, I don't speak that language, and Google translate is poor, what does the bug do?

Does it make me a kid because of my slight chuckle at Google Translate's mistranslation of "小鸡鸡"

Reactions: darmani11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(