Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gamesquest1 how long did it take for your N3DS to arrive, I'm a bit worried If I order one now It might take longer/get lost and caught up in the whole christmas rush.

Thinking I may be better off waiting until after the new year.

It doesn't appear to be tagging again, I've no idea why. (Yeah ignore this last bit)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamesquest1 how long did it take for your N3DS to arrive, I'm a bit worried If I order one now It might take longer/get lost and caught up in the whole christmas rush.

Thinking I may be better off waiting until after the new year.

It doesn't appear to be tagging again, I've no idea why. (Yeah ignore this last bit)
about 4 days with the super saver option (or whatever its called)

Reactions: Doran754

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i was to import the LL from play asia with shipping and import tax it would of been the same price to buy a PAL one from 365games, so PAL wins hands down..

Not unless you buy a JAP from the right seller. Play-Asia is so overpriced.

100th post. Woohoo :toot:

Team Rocket Grunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the topic of buying a new 3ds is up.
I'll be getting an aus one after Christmas and was wondering which site to buy it from. playasia is 15-20$ more expensive than jbhifi and playape is there a reason for that? also i hear tell of customs charges (I'm in the US) what should i expect for that?

halogamer2145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I would say that the update is coming sometime late next week. The way they worded the email about it not taking too long(months) to come, they made it sound like it wasn't anytime soon, but still before the months end. Next week seems to be about the only option left. I could be wrong though I'm just guessing. I wish they would just release a beta version or something with a disclaimer saying they aren't responsible if it messes something up.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I would say that the update is coming sometime late next week. The way they worded the email about it not taking too long(months) to come, they made it sound like it wasn't anytime soon, but still before the months end. Next week seems to be about the only option left. I could be wrong though I'm just guessing. I wish they would just release a beta version or something with a disclaimer saying they aren't responsible if it messes something up.

i'd bet my money on next week too.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
I´m starting to believe that this is going to drag on forever, or at least until mid January, although I hope you guys are right and this releases just before Christmas

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish! N3DS soon! Will probably be rusting away till gateway releases the update.:ph34r:
images

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish! N3DS soon! Will probably be rusting away till gateway releases the update.:ph34r:

Am I the only one who (despite having a Gateway and a 4.5 3DS) actually bought some games and can play them on the N3DS while waiting?

I feel like a delinquent now. :ph34r:

Reactions: Sultangt

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
dafuq?? did you buy those games with actual money? that defeats the whole purpose of gateway

yup... I had a 3DS for about a year mate. I am going to dump them to a mSD, and play some other games, plus homebrew :D I'm going to play before I buy from now on, and this should stomp out the impulse purchases :P Also, I wanna develop homebrew, so this should help :)

Reactions: Maximilious

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dafuq?? did you buy those games with actual money? that defeats the whole purpose of gateway

I feel even worse now that I realize I'm using my Gateway wrong for
- having region-free (especially for playing games before they officially arrive over here)
- playing with myself... err, I mean, using two copies of a game with just buying one^^
- storing my games on one cart to carry the same amount of games but a less amount of cards with me

Okay, then comes finally a little piracy of games I wouldn't have bought in the first place but was interested in.^^

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Damn it! Forgot to turn wifi back off after reinstalling NinjHax, then left 3DS in sleep mode. Now I'm getting the update nag on each reboot.. Anyone know of any way to prevent this? (There is no sd inserted into the system if that maters)
Ouch, I don't think there is any fix for that. If it was in sleep, then you open it, do you still get the nag? If not, just never turn it off :S

Reactions: GotKrypto76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!