Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4depot is starting to piss me off...smdh.. almost zero customer support.

2 minutes after this post, I got some emails. whoa...
Wait wait wait, you order a gateway on the weekend, 2 weeks before Christmas and after the whole 9.0-9.2 announcement just came out, and got annoyed it took a little bit of extra time to process?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait, you order a gateway on the weekend, 2 weeks before Christmas and after the whole 9.0-9.2 announcement just came out, and got annoyed it took a little bit of extra time to process?

nah they said they shipped it out on monday, but the order still said processing w/ no tracking

Reactions: Abcdfv

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Shipping will be slow this time of year, a lot of things I've ordered one being a N3DS still haven't made a move and I sent payment a few days ago.
6 day delivery should help a bit though.

Reactions: viral777

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have been theory crafting
Possible options me (and those whose JP n3ds havn't arrived yet)
-wait for a game that has 9.0-9.2 on it, and use that as a means to get a gateway firmware
-wait for gateway to possibly create an update for 8.1 (they said they are working on something that is lower than 9.0)
hopefully the first one works, because i would like themes on my 3ds :P

I just really want to use my sexy Jp n3ds LL smash brothers edition :(

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me where the folder is to update fw is located at i want to delete from my NA 3ds LL hope gw can make another update to work 9.3

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like there is more unfortunate JapaneseN3DS'-purchaser,-while-in-transit-got-patched than we think...

Edit: Well, not-so-unfortunate, hope the method doesn't require anything special, apart from the red card of course !

Reactions: digipokemaster

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
So i have been theory crafting
Possible options me (and those whose JP n3ds havn't arrived yet)
-wait for a game that has 9.0-9.2 on it, and use that as a means to get a gateway firmware
-wait for gateway to possibly create an update for 8.1 (they said they are working on something that is lower than 9.0)
hopefully the first one works, because i would like themes on my 3ds :P

I just really want to use my sexy Jp n3ds LL smash brothers edition :(

Safe to say I don't think 9.0-9.2 will be on any game cards

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Safe to say I don't think 9.0-9.2 will be on any game cards

how can you say that, well i can tell ya that is not correct, it seems the firmware is put in the cartridge in the moment they are coding the game, for example how can it be that pokemon ORAS has 7.1 and smash bros 8.1 even though smash was released before pokemon, i think that the newest japanese games will have 9.0-9.2 because of that time lapse, i could be wrong but i hope not

D

Deleted-188346

how can you say that, well i can tell ya that is not correct, it seems the firmware is put in the cartridge in the moment they are coding the game, for example how can it be that pokemon ORAS has 7.1 and smash bros 8.1 even though smash was released before pokemon, i think that the newest japanese games will have 9.0-9.2 because of that time lapse, i could be wrong but i hope not
You are wrong.
Nintendo knows that 9.0-9.2 is exploitable. They will not put 9.0-9.2 on any game cards.
They haven't done it yet, and I will bet they won't do it.
They aren't stupid.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
You are wrong.
Nintendo knows that 9.0-9.2 is exploitable. They will not put 9.0-9.2 on any game cards.
They haven't done it yet, and I will bet they won't do it.
They aren't stupid.

Do you work for nintendo? do you know how they act? because patching ninjhax instead of sky3ds was a marvelous move, piracy over homebrew, the thing nintendo cannot stop are the games that are about to release, if there is a game that comes with 9.x ill quote your post just for fun

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the update from Gateway today I'd be much more relieved than before. Sounds like they have something planned for 8.1 users. Don't update at all costs and stay on 8.1 firmware if you are a Japanese New 3DS user for now.

Reactions: kamesenin888
D

Deleted-188346

Do you work for nintendo? do you know how they act? because patching ninjhax instead of sky3ds was a marvelous move, piracy over homebrew, the thing nintendo cannot stop are the games that are about to release, if there is a game that comes with 9.x ill quote your post just for fun
Good. You do that.
But just for the record, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Absolute zero.
I also don't need to work for Nintendo (worst argument ever, by the way) to make an educated guess. Do you really think that Nintendo, a multi-billion dollar company, is unaware that 9.0-9.2 is exploitable? Do you think they'd offer the 9.0-9.2 firmwares on a silver platter to people? Of course not. Use your brain.

Finally, Nintendo doesn't have to make a choice about whether to block homebrew "instead" of piracy. They can block both, but for whatever reason did not block SKY3DS, likely because it is a hardware based solution that Nintendo may have difficulty in blocking.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Good. You do that.
But just for the record, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Absolute zero.
I also don't need to work for Nintendo (worst argument ever, by the way) to make an educated guess. Do you really think that Nintendo, a multi-billion dollar company, is unaware that 9.0-9.2 is exploitable? Do you think they'd offer the 9.0-9.2 firmwares on a silver platter to people? Of course not. Use your brain.

Finally, Nintendo doesn't have to make a choice about whether to block homebrew "instead" of piracy. They can block both, but for whatever reason did not block SKY3DS, likely because it is a hardware based solution that Nintendo may have difficulty in blocking.

How can you say with such assurance that a SINGLE physical game hasn't been packaged with 9.0 and is currently ready to ship out, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.