Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted-355425

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
All these folks saying GW definitely doesn't work on 9.3, what's your source? A few misguided posts on the temp don't cut it

Anyway to the people wondering if Ninjahax is Gateway's entry point, no it is not since GW have stated that the new exploit doesn't need a retail game or anything
http://gateway-3ds.com said:
UPDATING SYSNAND TO FIRMWARE 9.3 NOT RECOMMENDED
Just yesterday system firmware 9.3 was released and after quickly analysing it we want to warn our users *NOT* to update their sysnand to 9.3 or higher if they want to enjoy our upcoming support!
We repeat, DO NOT update sysnand to 9.3 or beyond!
We plan to move forward with the additional support for sysnand firmware range 9.0 – 9.2.
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.

Reactions: Lucifer666
D

Deleted-188346

Maybe they vocabulistics are not like me and you.
gQeLj.png

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
D

Deleted-188346

oh.

all right thank you, that's very interesting that Nintendo somehow stumped the exploit without GW even releasing it to the public

but also a bummer cos it means that the US N3DS is gonna come with 9.3 so I'm not gonna be able to use my GW on it :(
I'll let you in on a secret.
But shh, don't tell anyone, srs.
I hope nobody can hear me...

Buy an Australian N3DS, it has firmware 9.0 on it.

Reactions: gamesquest1
D

Deleted-355425

I'll let you in on a secret.
But shh, don't tell anyone, srs.
I hope nobody can hear me...

Buy an Australian 3DS, it has firmware 9.0 on it.
Somebody posted they have already gotten one with 9.2 on it from new.

Edit: the owner got it wrong, was on 9.0

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
TBH Nintendo has always been pretty hands-off when it comes to piracy. These days I think they mostly consider pirates an additional community of people who at least buy consoles where they wouldn't be buying any Nintendo products otherwise. You know, rather than viewing them as lost game sales.

That doesn't mean they don't actively attempt to block third-party software/exploits, but it's never felt like that was a huge part of what they do as a company. And that's part of the reason Nintendo continues to be a top-quality developer.

Wow, that's just delusional. I would bet everything I own that Nintendo doesn't view it that way.

D

Deleted-188346

aye but I have a buttload of american 3DS carts, what do I do with those? I don't want to use my gw to pirate or anything like that, just home-brew
As far as I know, you can dump those using the Gateway, and then run them through the Gateway as it has region free compatibility AFAIK.

Somebody posted they have already gotten one with 9.2 on it from new.
9.2? Oh God. I'm sorry. Right, ignore the Australian N3DS...wait...:ha:

Wow, that's just delusional. I would bet everything I own that Nintendo doesn't view it that way.
I bet if you met Iwata, and showed him your Gateway, he'd shake your hand for being such a massive fan of their console.

Reactions: TVL and Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It just seems that way from the outside looking in. Nintendo consoles have always been some of the fastest to be cracked/exploited and rarely have they just jumped ship on a console soon after the release of a crack/exploit. Nor has their DRM ever been nearly as restrictive/anti-consumer as what the other big gaming companies tend to release.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes me wonder if the Japanese consoles will come with 9.0-2 or just jump directly to 9.3 since that firmware comes with SUICA card support and Amiibo support.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It just seems that way from the outside looking in. Nintendo consoles have always been some of the fastest to be cracked/exploited and rarely have they just jumped ship on a console soon after the release of a crack/exploit. Nor has their DRM ever been nearly as restrictive/anti-consumer as what the other big gaming companies tend to release.

Someone on the outside looking in, of course it can look that way... because it's true. I wouldn't have gotten my Wii, DS or GBA if it wasn't for piracy and homebrew... it's a huge selling point for me. But as a company, they cannot and will not have that attitude towards it. If they did they wouldn't activly try to block everything all the time.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Someone on the outside looking in, of course it can look that way... because it's true. I wouldn't have gotten my Wii, DS or GBA if it wasn't for piracy and homebrew... it's a huge selling point for me. But as a company, they cannot and will not have that attitude towards it. If they did they wouldn't activly try to block everything all the time.
Like I said, that doesn't mean they don't have a division dedicated to actively pursuing blocks for third-party software/exploits, but as a company as a whole, it seems far from their top priority. And yes, this attitude can be beneficial for a company, as pirates are always going to pirate. Might as well consider them a gain in hardware sales rather than a drain on software sales, because they were never going to buy the software in the first place. Other companies have embraced this attitude in the past, and it has usually worked out pretty well for them in the long run.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered a AUS/NZ new 3ds xl from fishpond.com (I know it has quite a few bad reviews), I'll let you know how it goes.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone local in Australia, I ordered from JBHIFI online, since instore apparently out of stock. Anyhow, I've heard nothing since ordered 7/12, but the firmware should be the rumoured 9.0 or 9.2.
I will verify for everyone though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.